Download the WDK

I tried to download the WDK from a Win based PC but after few seconds of download, the process stops.

When i try to open the *.zip file Win says the archive is not valid.

How can i fix the problem? Should I download the WDK directly from the VM with the debian distribution installed?

Cicciollo

5 Replies
  • I just downloaded the WDK on a Windows machine with no problems. Make sure you check any network issues (firewalls, antivirus, local network, proxy server, etc.) and make sure nothing is blocking the download. Try on another machine and perhaps on another network if the issue persists.
  • Are you going to use Virutal Box, Vagrant, Ruby combination for your Windows based widget development? If so, I'm attempting to do the same on an XP box but have ran into a problem bringing Vagrant up with the Vagrant up command giving Ruby errors. I will post when I have resolved it.
  • QUOTE (kjohn0128 @ May 21 2010, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Are you going to use Virutal Box, Vagrant, Ruby combination for your Windows based widget development? If so, I'm attempting to do the same on an XP box but have ran into a problem bringing Vagrant up with the Vagrant up command giving Ruby errors. I will post when I have resolved it.

Your issue is completely unrelated to the one in this thread.

-Jeremy
  • I can download the wdk now,

I just tried with ie and the zip was ok.
  • QUOTE (filippo.colotto @ May 24 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I can download the wdk now,

I just tried with ie and the zip was ok.

Great!

-Jeremy

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets