Displaying Web Content in FullscreenView

I am producing a proof-of-concept that shows Rest-ful data from a portal flowing into simple controls on a SidebarView, which itself seems straightforward.

From those button controls and text elements that I populate on the sidebar, I want to launch a drill-down into a FullscreenView showing some web-based maps.

In a nutshell, I want to create a FullscreenView with an embedded Web element that can receive the given content via a URL from the portal infrastructure.

Can someone please clarify for me if this is possible and if so, point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks ... Ron

2 Replies
  • QUOTE (lucidinsights @ Feb 5 2011, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I am producing a proof-of-concept that shows Rest-ful data from a portal flowing into simple controls on a SidebarView, which itself seems straightforward.

From those button controls and text elements that I populate on the sidebar, I want to launch a drill-down into a FullscreenView showing some web-based maps.

In a nutshell, I want to create a FullscreenView with an embedded Web element that can receive the given content via a URL from the portal infrastructure.

Can someone please clarify for me if this is possible and if so, point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks ... Ron

There isn't a KONtx.element.Web control.

I've seen at least one weather app that asks for a zip code and then displays a map of that area (just a static image). It would be feasible, however, to provide directional buttons that could then initiate an async fetch from the server to display contiguous areas.
  • QUOTE (Benjamin Toll @ Feb 6 2011, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    There isn't a KONtx.element.Web control.

I've seen at least one weather app that asks for a zip code and then displays a map of that area (just a static image). It would be feasible, however, to provide directional buttons that could then initiate an async fetch from the server to display contiguous areas.

Thanks Benjamin, your feedback is much appreciated; using an Image makes good sense and should work for the proof-of-concept. In the longer term, I will need to leverage some HTML to Image technology on the server to encode the dynamic content generated by the portal into a static image that can be consumed by the widget.

Thanks Again! ... Ron

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets