Connecting to a website and logging in

Hi, Ihave a remote website that will interface with yahoo tv widget via an API and json response. I am wondering, if the website i am connecting to contains logins (using either cookies or sessions on a browser) how can I do a login witht eh yahoo tv widget. I know enough how to make the actual login box dialog, but what happens on success, do I need to store some cookies or store some kind of data to know the user is logged in, and so my remote website can also recognize the user as logged in when making requests...?
Please let me know. I couldnt really find much of this information in the documentation.

Thanks

by
4 Replies
  • Cookies are automatically stored and send with both the URL and XMLHttpRquest controls
  • QUOTE (stoopd182 @ Mar 31 2011, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi, Ihave a remote website that will interface with yahoo tv widget via an API and json response. I am wondering, if the website i am connecting to contains logins (using either cookies or sessions on a browser) how can I do a login witht eh yahoo tv widget. I know enough how to make the actual login box dialog, but what happens on success, do I need to store some cookies or store some kind of data to know the user is logged in, and so my remote website can also recognize the user as logged in when making requests...?
    Please let me know. I couldnt really find much of this information in the documentation.

Thanks

The most secure way would be to do everything over SSL.
  • Thanks!
    Is there any doumentation you recommend as well incase I have any additional questions?
  • QUOTE (stoopd182 @ Mar 31 2011, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks!
    Is there any doumentation you recommend as well incase I have any additional questions?

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pw...ow+to+setup+ssl

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets