Calling updateView in createView

Do I need to call updateView() at the end of createView() function to update the content? Or, is it called automatically?

Where can I find detailed description when updateView() is called automatically and createView() is called?
For ex., if I launch Simulator second time, when my widget is displayed on the screen, then what will be called? Nothing?
How will it work on TV? Is going to stand by mode of TV equal to Simulator closure? Or Internet@TV closure equal to Simulator closure?

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (and7ey @ Apr 27 2010, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Do I need to call updateView() at the end of createView() function to update the content? Or, is it called automatically?

Where can I find detailed description when updateView() is called automatically and createView() is called?
    For ex., if I launch Simulator second time, when my widget is displayed on the screen, then what will be called? Nothing?
    How will it work on TV? Is going to stand by mode of TV equal to Simulator closure? Or Internet@TV closure equal to Simulator closure?

Hello,

You don't need to call updateView() at the end of createView(). These calls are handled for you by the application framework.
    You can read more about the event model here:

http://developer.yahoo.com/connectedtv/dev..._Lifecycle.html

and here:

http://developer.yahoo.com/connectedtv/dev...ebar_View_Class

The widget engine determines when to garbage collect your views based on the connected TV device's available resources and createView() will be called when needed.

Hope this helps,
    Kelly
  • Is updateView called automatically each time when network is reconnected?
    I've got the following bug description from Yahoo QA team about my widget:
    Widget: Snippet showing No data after reconnecting the network

*** Tested on Samsung 2010 ***

Widget version: 0.1.0
    Reproducibility: 100%

1.Remove the network connection
    2.Start TV
    3.Launch widget side bar
    4.It shows connection Unavailable dialog
    5.Select Close widget from the connection unavailable dialog
    6.Reconnect the network
    7.Again launch the widget side bar
    8.it's showing map for selected city
    9.Back to DOCK

How can I identify in the widget that network is reconnected and react accordingly?

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets