Access to published widget

I've uploaded my com.ixbt.forum.la.widgets.yandex.probki-0.1.0 widget to Widget Gallery, added there my codes from real TV and simulator, logged in my Yahoo account on TV and simulator - but on none of them I see it. What am I doing wrong? I've indicated TV Platform as Samsung.

by
6 Replies
  • Ok, I've solved the problem with Widget availability on my TV - it appears in the category called Test Widgets (the same is not mention here, unfortunately)

And, seems there is no way to test uploaded widget in the simulator...
  • QUOTE (and7ey @ Apr 30 2010, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    And, seems there is no way to test uploaded widget in the simulator...

There isn't any reason to do this. We don't touch the widget you upload to the gallery other than adding signing on the file itself before it's downloaded to the TV.
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ May 12 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    There isn't any reason to do this. We don't touch the widget you upload to the gallery other than adding signing on the file itself before it's downloaded to the TV.

I develop a widget in Simulator in my /devwidgets folder. My project manager wants to test it also in Simulator first. I uploaded my widget to Yahoo gallery.tv.widgets.yahoo.com site, and added his Simulator developer code and Yahoo ID as a new tester. His Widget Gallery Development Setting Show my Test Widget is also set ON in his Simulator. But my widget does not show up in his Simulator.
  • QUOTE (jozsoj @ May 22 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I develop a widget in Simulator in my /devwidgets folder. My project manager wants to test it also in Simulator first. I uploaded my widget to Yahoo gallery.tv.widgets.yahoo.com site, and added his Simulator developer code and Yahoo ID as a new tester. His Widget Gallery Development Setting Show my Test Widget is also set ON in his Simulator. But my widget does not show up in his Simulator.

We don't advise using the Widget Gallery to download widgets into the Simulator. If you want to share the widget with someone else to run in their simulator, my recommendation is to use good old fashioned email. :)-Jeremy
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ May 22 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We don't advise using the Widget Gallery to download widgets into the Simulator. If you want to share the widget with someone else to run in their simulator, my recommendation is to use good old fashioned email. :)Yuhan
  • QUOTE (YuhanZ @ Mar 30 2011, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Jeremy,

I have the same problem with Widget Gallery. I would like to see the deployed app without a real tv. (because I haven't got one, yet.)
    I followed all the steps but couldn't make "Test Widgets" appear on Widget Gallery on the simulator. Is the simulator currently supporting
    this feature? or only a real tv can see it?

Thank you.

Yuhan

You won't see a test widgets category in the simulator.

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets