Add geo latitude longitude to Datasets

Hi Team,

When you will add a geo latitude and longitude to Datasets?. We need this feature to fast point the maps to the places limiting web services for this basic information. It's time to share with us this feature. I can't use without this basic information and remains in geonames. Help us.

Peter.

by
3 Replies
  • It does seem strange that centroids/bboxs data is missing from the data downloads. The shortcoming is also pointed out in this comparison. All the obvious kind of look-ups and use cases I can think of, require this, and so require using the API. Maybe that's deliberate.
  • QUOTE (nojer2 @ Nov 17 2010, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It does seem strange that centroids/bboxs data is missing from the data downloads. The shortcoming is also pointed out in this comparison. All the obvious kind of look-ups and use cases I can think of, require this, and so require using the API. Maybe that's deliberate.

GeoPlanet Data includes some places provided by commercial sources, which retain rights to the provided data, including coordinates, that may restrict redistribution in bulk form. We are evaluating the possibility of including coordinates in GeoPlanet Data in a future release.

Eddie Babcock
    Yahoo! Geo Technologies
  • Hi Eddy,

A minimal would be a geo point for a continent, an admin1,an admin2 and an admin3 (country, state, and city) to point our maps selectors based in localities more quickly and limit the webservices and bandwidth. That is not under commercial rights and It's really usefull to increase facilities for dev.

Waiting a good news for next release.
    Romi.
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in GeoPlanet Enhancement Requests