pageIndicator visual corruption

In our widget, running on the 1.1 framework with the video widget hacks, we get a fairly consistent graphical corruption on page indicators. Basically we have a tree like browsing structure with one sidebar view for each tree depth, and when exiting and returning to the same depth with a different set of data, we call grid.changeDataset. When changing the dataset involves a change in the number of pages, the dotted page indicator starts corrupting in an odd way. It appears the old dots aren't removed, and then the new ones are laid out on top of them, creating something like a set of Venn diagrams.

I've managed to work around this by calling _hideDots(0) on the pageIndicator before calling changeDataset on the grid, perhaps this is something that ought to be handled by pageIndicator better? Or is there some sort of public reset function I should be calling before changing data on a grid?

by
4 Replies
  • QUOTE (Wade @ May 21 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I've managed to work around this by calling _hideDots(0) on the pageIndicator before calling changeDataset on the grid, perhaps this is something that ought to be handled by pageIndicator better? Or is there some sort of public reset function I should be calling before changing data on a grid?

Can you please try passing a second parameter to changeDataset of true? Either way, we should get this handled better, but that would help isolate the problem.

-Jeremy
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ May 21 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Can you please try passing a second parameter to changeDataset of true? Either way, we should get this handled better, but that would help isolate the problem.

-Jeremy

I forgot to mention that in all my cases I have been passing true as a second argument, but that only seems to affect the page it returns to. I think some weirder stuff was happening without resetting, like ending up on blank pages from time to time.
  • QUOTE (Wade @ May 26 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I forgot to mention that in all my cases I have been passing true as a second argument, but that only seems to affect the page it returns to. I think some weirder stuff was happening without resetting, like ending up on blank pages from time to time.

Can you email me a reproduction case please so I can make sure it's fixed asap?

-Jeremy
  • Same problem here. hideDots doesn't complete solve the problem for me however..

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets