fullscreen view - with tv running in background

We have implemented a fullscreen view with image/text in the emulator which works perfectly. However when the widget goes on the television the same widget displays a black background with no television and no text but does display the image.

by
6 Replies
  • Samsung doesn't support having TV visible while a widget is in fullscreen mode. LG and others will however support this.
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Mar 25 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Samsung doesn't support having TV visible while a widget is in fullscreen mode. LG and others will however support this.

Hi,
    does this unsupported feature only apply to broadcast TV or does it also mean you can't play http streamed video (i.e. openPaths[0].control.play) in fullscreen mode on Samsung tv's?
  • QUOTE (james.cumberbatch @ Apr 9 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,
    does this unsupported feature only apply to broadcast TV or does it also mean you can't play http streamed video (i.e. openPaths[0].control.play) in fullscreen mode on Samsung tv's?

Only to broadcast TV.
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Apr 9 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Only to broadcast TV.

I know this is an older topic, but had a quick thought/question.

Is this restriction for ALL developers on Samsung devices or only developers without Samsung's permission?

The reason I ask is that there appears to be some misunderstanding with one of my clients talking with a platform launch partner that is claiming to be able to do fullscreen over bTV and they are presenting this functionality with Samsung devices.
  • QUOTE (WidgetRealm @ May 12 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I know this is an older topic, but had a quick thought/question.

Is this restriction for ALL developers on Samsung devices or only developers without Samsung's permission?

The reason I ask is that there appears to be some misunderstanding with one of my clients talking with a platform launch partner that is claiming to be able to do fullscreen over bTV and they are presenting this functionality with Samsung devices.

From what I've been told to date, it's ALL developers, Yahoo! included.

-Jeremy
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ May 12 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    From what I've been told to date, it's ALL developers, Yahoo! included.

-Jeremy

Very interesting.... Thank you for the info.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets