Yahoo Widgets not working on Sony Bravia KDL-40EX520 TV

Hi,

Yahoo Widgets not working on Sony Bravia KDL-40EX520 TV.  

As per the Sony Customer Support, I updated the Software and I was able to get Yahoo Widgets.  But after Some time .. it it not working.  When we click on Widgets Icon from Home menu, it keeps showing only loading icon.

Can any body help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandra Kaladhar Inkollu

15 Replies
  • Hi,

I've model KDL46EX620 and experienced similar issues with widgets that is mentioned in this thread. I tried resetting the widgets but no success! Any other commendation to make widgets work when TV is turned off and turned on again?

Please know that I'm using WiFi on the TV but bandwidth or speed does not seem to be an issue here.

Any other thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
    Raj

QUOTE (wcadenillas @ 4 Jan 2012 7:21 AM) Hi, i have model KDL-32EX 521 and the Widgets work well at the beginning, but when the tv is turn off and then turn on, the Widgtes is not working anymore.  What i did was this and it worked:

1. I expanded the bandwidth Internet connection, but I think it was necessary
    2. Use cable instead of wifi network
    3. Reset de TV: must press the up button and then the power button is on the TV.  Complete the configuration steps such as turning on the TV first
    4. Reset de Widgets: In the Widgets menu is an option to reset it, leaving only the Yahoo Widget TV
    5. Widgets added one by one 

Widgets now work correctly 

Regards
    William Cadenillas
    Guatemala City

QUOTE (Klaus Möcker @ 4 Jan 2012 7:06 AM) same issue whit  KDL-32EX 421

when i reset the tv work for some time an then stop to work...

QUOTE (Chandra Kaladhar @ 1 Jan 2012 10:14 PM) Hi,

Yahoo Widgets not working on Sony Bravia KDL-40EX520 TV.  

As per the Sony Customer Support, I updated the Software and I was able to get Yahoo Widgets.  But after Some time .. it it not working.  When we click on Widgets Icon from Home menu, it keeps showing only loading icon.

Can any body help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
    Chandra Kaladhar Inkollu
  • Hi, 

I had the same problem, and no information aboutit. I solved using static IP address, I'm still using wireless internetconnection

I hope this help you

• I was not able to get Yahoo widgets working on my Sony TV.  Shouldnt it JUST WORK...dealing with static IP Address etc. doesnt make sense.
  • Same issue for me.  Widgets work occasionally, but very inconsistently.  Most of the time just get the "loading" icon spinning away....  I think we all expect better from Sony and fully agree that they should just work!
  • Yep, same problem here.  Reset TV, rinse, and repeat.  The Widget "feature" flat A$$ doesn't work. 

Yes, when you spend more than a $1000 for a TV, you do expect things to "just work".  Given the wide range of models affected, you can't tell us you don't know this is a problem SONY.   So exactly why is there an software upgrade option and when are you going to use it to fix this problem SONY?!

• I had the same problem.  I spoke to Sony Level 3 Support this evening.  They tell me that this is a known problem between Sony and Yahoo.  They think it is a server problem rather than the software on the television.  They've been working it for some time and hope to have a resolution in a week or two.

Fortunately we don't rely on Sony or Yahoo for enterprise class software.
  • month old kdl46nx720...same deal. Works after hard reset, power off TV, turn back on...no widgets!

• i have the same problem whith WIDGETS NO WORKING  I HOPE NEW SOFTWARE ......I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM FOR NETFLIX DONT HAVE THE ICON AND THE FUNCION NO WORKING  THANKS IS POSSIBLE WORK HARD DISK USB?? I HAVE THE MODEL bravia kdl-40ex520   TK REGARD
  • skype is not functioning on my sony kdl-40ex520 showing the error check your internet connection. But all other widjets like facebook, twitter are functioning and  internet video is also functioning.kindly help me.
  • kdl60EX720 My wedgets do work but my problem is that after 2-3 days Yahoo Connect. refreshes to the default settings and my installed app. is gone. I have to agree to there software agrement every time this happens working on 30+ times. I have almost given up on the yahoo feature on my3k tv
  • The keep adding it then they take it away.  Wish they'd make up their minds.  Very frustrating.
  • They keep adding it then they take it away.  Wish they'd make up their minds.  Very frustrating.
  • kdl46hx850... I have the same problem as JR, I set up my home town weather and delete some default towns and a day or two later everything is back to default settings. I also have to re-agree to Yahoo's terms. Sony can't help, probably no fix and non in sight.

• KDL46NX800... No widgets at all for sometime now,,, just watch the loading cursor go round and round and round... zzzzzzzzz

• I have had the same issue and have been told repeatedly by Sony customer service that the lab is working on the issue and then am completely ignored. Seems Sony has given up on customer relations and not surprisingly as I've heard Sony is giving up on televisions all together in the near future.I know I'll never purchase another Sony TV after how I've been ignored.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets