Vizio Smart Tv netflix not working

It keeps giving me the error nw-4-8; every other wiget works

Help please!

by
36 Replies
  • Same problem here on our VIZIO. Netflix was working just fine until yesterday. We get the nw-4-7 error code. Every other app works just fine, and it's not a network issue. Turned tv off, waited, turned back on... Netflix doesn't work. Unplugged, waited, plugged back in, turned on.... Netflix still doesn't work. Keeps showing the same error. I really would hate to do a factory reset when everything else works just fine!

• I just recently had to update software on my VIZIO. That is when the Netflix problem started. I wonder if it is something in this new software update (?)

• I'm experiencing the same problem. I've seen both the nw-4-7 and nw-4-8 error codes since the latest update. Every app works fine except Netflix.

• I had the same problem: Netflix working fine one day a few weeks ago, then a couple hours later nw-4-7 and nw-4-8 errors occurred. The Netflix help center link to the Visio-specific nw-4-8 document is broken, so I chatted with a Netflix rep, who pointed me to generic instructions to perform a firmware update or full factory reset. I didn't find instructions from Visio on how to do a firmware update, but I tried a couple of things I found in another doc. I tried unplugging the TV, changing from wireless to wired Ethernet connection, and doing a factory reset under the MyYahoo profile widget, but still had the same errors. I finally had to do a total TV level factory reset (under admin), after which Netflix displayed a message that access had been removed for the device. It required me to signout and re-sign-in, and everything is working fine now. What really sucks is that I had to redo all the initial TV setup (channel scan, etc.), as well as re-setup all my other apps that were working fine! Boo, Visio!

• I also have been having this issue for about 1.5 weeks now.

• Having the same issue for weeks on our Vizio E601i-A3... Seems like this is a recurring problem with Vizio. They can't keep up with updating their widgets. Nice TV, poor customer service....

• Same exact problem here.

• I faced the same problem for netflix while other apps were working fine. So I followed what Kelle mentioned above and it worked. Luckily I didnt have any other huge setup to perform. So I just factory reset TV. and solved the problem.

• Brand new M Series Visio right out of the box won't connect to any netflix servers. Tried wireless during the initial setup then switched to hard wired network connections without any luck. Attempting to do a factory reset this time starting with a hard wired network connection. Luckily the only thing set up was the channel scan portion which does take a while to complete. Worked after factory reset and wired connection. Have not tried the wireless yet ... thanks Kelle.

• I also followed Kelle with my Vizio E600i-B3. One system reset works. Go to Menu>System>Reset&Admin>Reset TV to Factory Defaults

This took only a couple seconds and it worked. Of course I had to input all my information again for each log in but it was worth it to have my Netfilx (second best to it working properly out of the box). Also it's good to know in case you are reselling/giving a TV and you don't want all your information still in it.

• See Tiff's comment above. I did the same.

• TiffanyO's comment MADE MY DAY! Instructions simple, to the point and immediately corrected my problem. Thank you!

• Thank you Tiffany...that worked!

• Seems Netflix button on my Vizio remote quits working every month. They advise me to do the factory reset. All my info has to be re input. Vizio....please work on this as this makes us want to not buy Vizio products. Any easier resolutions? I am among dozens on this forum. Please listen.

• I did a factory reset and I actually got onto Netflix. However, I couldn't see my history, just black squares where I know something was supposed to be. So I exited and went back in...the same. I did it again and now I have the Netflix has encountered an error code: nw-2-5. By the looks of this forum...Vizio is not holding up their end of the bargain of buying this brand.

• Thank you @TiffanyO That worked :)

• I have restored my tv three times & netflix won't work. Someone please help!!

• I have restored my tv three times also, and netflix won't work. Oh yeah, I just bought it today. No problems with other apps.

• Still have the same issue as Pat. Need to reset every month. Also hoping Vizio gets its stuff together otherwise we're all stuck resetting every month BOO! Glad I could help everyone out. :)

• Had to do a factory reset and it is working now :)

• I'm at a loss. I can't seem to find where exactly to do the factory reset.

• From TiffO (above): Go to Menu>System>Reset&Admin>Reset TV to Factory Defaults

• thank you so much for all the help i reset the tv went throw all the steps agian and it worked hopes it dont happen agian but it works now so for mext timei know what to do thank you all so much lots of help

• Thanks to Tiffany Mine works now

From TiffO (above): Go to Menu>System>Reset&Admin>Reset TV to Factory Defaults

• My netflex isn't working. It gave me the code nw-4-8.

• same problem here, is there a way other than "Reset TV to Factory Defaults" ???

• Bought my Vizio yesterday. Netflix doesn't work. Did factory reset multiple times, still doesn't work. Gonna return the piece of junk and buy a real tv.

• Tiffanys response helped me out very much. Thank you. I'm not tech savvy and I figured out the factory reset easily. Netflix works perfectly now.

• Thanks Tiff your post really helped me out!!!

• Tiffany!!! You rock! thanks for the tip :)

• I paid $200 to have my TV color calibrated. Now I have to factory reset in order to watch Netflix? Who is refunding my $200 for the calibration I'll lose when I factory reset?

That's an unacceptable solution. What are my other options?

• its a netflix update that did not take to all devices, running a reset on the TV is the only way to force update the app. Booooooom

• I have done the factory reset twice. I am ready to take the TV back. This sucks.

• Thank you TiffanyO, your advice was a big help.... Once again thanks VIZIO needs to give you some stock in the company... or send you a check/new TV.

• I also got the nw-4 error a couple of weeks ago. Vizio support said it was a bad Netflix update. The factory reset mentioned above worked. Now I'm getting nw-1000. It's a new code but the same connectivity error. My TV is connected and Netflix works on all other devices. I'm going to reset the TV. Seems crazy to have to do this every time Netflix updates. I also wish Vizio would support HBO GO and Showtime.

• I can't get neflix to work on my newly purchased Vizio hd tv. I'm using the wii console to get neflix on the tv. I don't have any regular cable or anything. Just my computer.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets