Vizio (NOT SO SMART TV) and Facebook

I specifically choose Vizio due to its reputation, but am now beginning to wonder about that decision. I am having the same issues as others trying to get Facebook on my NOT SO SMART TV!

by
9 Replies
  • Yahoo! Connected TV does not support Flash. Additional information would help. What file format is the video you would like to stream in? Is it live streaming?

The recommended encoding format for Yahoo! Connected TV is; H.264 with MP4 (mpeg4) container, and AAC audio.

Details on the media player and encoding specifications are found on our developer docs at: http://developer.yahoo.com/connectedtv/kontxapiref/YCTV_KONTX_Video_Encoding_Specifications.html

• We apologize for the issues with Facebook. We were able to track down the issues Facebook was having and worked with them to fix the problem. The app is working as expected and you should not have any problems.

Thanks! The Yahoo! Connected TV Team

• Thank you for the quick response. I did get Facebook to work now. I appreciate your help.

• "We apologize for the issues with Facebook. We were able to track down the issues Facebook was having and worked with them to fix the problem. The app is working as expected and you should not have any problems."

I do not believe this. It does not work.. I've been in contact with Vizio over this issue since I purchased the TV one month ago. The app is non- functional. Finally today my wife could log in but the app would not load. My Tv is within 10ft ..unobstructed..of the router. The other apps work fine. Our Roku box far off down in the living room works fine and is very fast...Nope folks, the facebook app on my Vizio smart TV does not wok. There's no fix. Don't believe the hype...And you know what? Other than that the TV works great!

• Gerry,

Here is the resolution for users that are not using any special characters: - Login to Facebook on a laptop, mobile, or iPad. - Go to settings icon (far top right) and click Account Settings. - On the far left column, scroll down to "Apps" and select it. - Edit "Apps you use" and turn "Platform On" (some users will have a default setting of "Off" if you don't allow any 3rdparty apps on Facebook)

This will enable Facebook app to work on the Vizio TV platform.

Elinor

• Choosing Vizio based on it's reputation is a bad move. That reputation was solid six or seven years ago when HDTVs were relatively new. Vizio is pretty close to the bottom these days. My Dad bought a Vizio last winter (when I was out of state) that was released to the market more than a year after my LG and it isn't close in terms of picture quality or features. Do proper research with a balance of professional and customer reviews before investing hundreds or even thousands of dollars in a new TV.

• I turned off my VIZIO and now it will not turn back on.

• I can not log into Facebook. I have used my name, email, and first last with numeral.

• Vizio M550SR never loads the Yahoo Apps the "in progress" or "working" icon will just cycle for hours on end[or so it seems.] I was able to load some apps into the dock but the app to make a profile wasn't there so they didn't stick around when I turned the TV off. Now its back to never ending cycling icon and nothing loads. The one time it did come up I got my Facebook to work perfectly. Very frustrating.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets