Video player + other controls on fullscreen

Hi all,
Is it possible to have video player in small box on fullscreen view with other controls (buttons, images, grids)? To understand me, imagine youtube.com - video player, video title, comments, related videos.
Maybe some kind of extending VideoTransportOverlay class?
Currently i can only play video on entire screen or in smaller viewport (rest of the screen remains black)

thanks
Nikola

by
14 Replies
  • QUOTE (georgi.dinchev @ Jul 24 2009, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi all,
    Is it possible to have video player in small box on fullscreen view with other controls (buttons, images, grids)? To understand me, imagine youtube.com - video player, video title, comments, related videos.
    Maybe some kind of extending VideoTransportOverlay class?
    Currently i can only play video on entire screen or in smaller viewport (rest of the screen remains black)

Do you currently own a Samsung TV? If so, you can take a look at the Youtube widget for an example of how this is possible.

-Jeremy
  • Using
    ywe-wdk: 0.9.6-19
    framweork: 1.1.44
  • Yes, we've just get Samsung TV, but there's a problem installing yahoo widget - it installs, then snippet freezes with text "loading..." and then not responding widget.
    (it is the same with yahoo video widget)
    Is it possible to get youtube widget source code?
  • QUOTE (georgi.dinchev @ Jul 28 2009, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes, we've just get Samsung TV, but there's a problem installing yahoo widget - it installs, then snippet freezes with text "loading..." and then not responding widget.
    (it is the same with yahoo video widget)

The same thing happens with the Yahoo! Video Widget? Can you please email tvwidgets@yahoo-inc.com with your yahoo ID and developer code so I can give you access to a widget which will report what versions you have installed? Mention my name in the email so it will come to me.

QUOTE (georgi.dinchev @ Jul 28 2009, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Is it possible to get youtube widget source code?

No.
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Jul 28 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The same thing happens with the Yahoo! Video Widget? Can you please email tvwidgets@yahoo-inc.com with your yahoo ID and developer code so I can give you access to a widget which will report what versions you have installed? Mention my name in the email so it will come to me.

Mail Sent
    I've logged in my samsung tv with YID and reinstalled youtube and yahoo video widgets and they started working. The youtube widget is exactly the thing I need.
    QUOTE (georgi.dinchev @ Jul 24 2009, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Is it possible to have video player in small box on fullscreen view with other controls

Now i see it is possible, but how? Extend overlay class maybe? Are there any examples?

Thanks in advance
  • QUOTE (georgi.dinchev @ Jul 29 2009, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Now i see it is possible, but how? Extend overlay class maybe? Are there any examples?

How do you build a view which sits in a sidebar? You add controls to the view. No difference with fullscreen except instead of having a small content region which is framed by a "chrome", you have the whole screen to work with. You are making this more complicated than it really is.

-Jeremy
  • Hi again,
    Here is my code, background image and video player on top if it. Background image has some kind of "placeholder" where video player should be displayed:
    CODE
    var FullView = new KONtx.Class({
    ClassName: 'FullView',
    Extends: KONtx.system.FullscreenView,

createView: function() {
    new KONtx.element.Image({
    src: $app.styles.images.full_background,
    styles: $app.styles.full.background_image,
    }).appendTo(this);

this.controls.overlay = new KONtx.control.VideoTransportOverlay({
    styles: {
    'width': 402,
    'vOffset': 383,
    'hOffset': 526,
    },
    stopButton: false,
    }).appendTo(this);
    this.player = new KONtx.videoplayer({
    viewId: this.config.viewId,
    viewport: {
    x: 100, //520,
    y: 100, //150,
    width: 402,
    height: 228,
    },
    });
    this.player.attachAccessory(this.controls.overlay);
    }
    });

The problem is that video is under background image, but it should be on top.
    Thanks, Nikola
  • QUOTE (georgi.dinchev @ Jul 31 2009, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi again,
    Here is my code, background image and video player on top if it. Background image has some kind of "placeholder" where video player should be displayed:

...snip...

The problem is that video is under background image, but it should be on top.
    Thanks, Nikola

Where the video is supposed to appear, you need to make sure your background image is transparent. The graphics sit on top of the video, so if you want to letterbox the video like the Youtube widget does then you need to cut out a whole in the background image and leave those pixels transparent.

-Jeremy
  • Hi Everyone...

ywe-wdk 0.9.6-19 TV Widget Developer Kit for Widget Channel

i m also facing the same problem, i have resized the video player but i want also to resize and move player control button and also want have full screen button which will load the video player on full screen how to that ? plz help me with examples...
  • QUOTE (Kashif @ Aug 6 2009, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Everyone...

ywe-wdk 0.9.6-19 TV Widget Developer Kit for Widget Channel

i m also facing the same problem, i have resized the video player but i want also to resize and move player control button and also want have full screen button which will load the video player on full screen how to that ? plz help me with examples...

Hi Kashif,
    You should use normal fullscreen view and set video player viewport to take some part of your screen. You can check this link about resizing video player and fullscreen button:
    http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php...indow+simulator

Nikola
  • Hello again,
    I'm now at resizing transport overlay buttons.
    CODE
    this.controls.overlay = new KONtx.control.VideoTransportOverlay({
    stopButton: false,
    resizeButton: true,
    events: {
    onTransportButtonPress: function(event) {
    switch (event.payload.button) {
    case 'resize' :
    theView._togglePlayer();
    break;
    }
    }
    },
    }).appendTo(this);

This works fine on the simulator, but my Samsung 7000 series does not understand stopButton: false and resizeButton: true. Other issue is that when i set width, overlay control is just clipped, but not resized (so i cant see progress bar and timer). Youtube widget dont have these problems (and its overlay is not transparent, mine is as it is by default, and its buttons are ok)
    I'm using the following styles (only width, x, y)
    CODE
    { 'width': 402, 'vOffset': 388, 'hOffset': 526 }

Thanks, Nikola
  • The framework you are testing with on the WDK isn't available on the TV yet. It will be available soon. If you need it on your TV for testing sooner, then you will need to work with us and Samsung to get a pre-release copy of the next firmware drop (send an email to tvwidgets@yahoo-inc.com for more info).

-Jeremy
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Aug 10 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The framework you are testing with on the WDK isn't available on the TV yet. It will be available soon. If you need it on your TV for testing sooner, then you will need to work with us and Samsung to get a pre-release copy of the next firmware drop (send an email to tvwidgets@yahoo-inc.com for more info).

Ok, thank you Jeremy
  • Version widget shows:
    Yahoo Widget Engine v5.0.0
    Widget Application Framework 1.1.38.C

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets