Updating Widget

I have submitted my first widget into the gallery so I can test on TVs. Version 0.0.1

http://gallery.tv.widgets.yahoo.com/publisher/

Now, I have version 0.0.2, I have uploaded it as well, and then deleted the 0.0.1 from the site.

Now, when on my TV, when going to Widget Gallery, it shows in Widget Gallery the version 0.0.2, yet, when I tun the Widget on my TASKBAR of the TV, it is still running 0.0.1. When I goto Developer page on TV, and look at the installed Widgets, it shows 0.0.1 installed.

Documentation says I have to mark as widget as depricated, but there is now where to do that, so I just deleted the 0.0.1 version the website.

How do I get my TV to update the widget? It is a VIZIO. Or how do I uninstall a widget previously installed, then re-install it?

Shawn

by
2 Replies
  • An update, I figured out how to DELETE my widget on the TV, and then RE-INSTALL

So I am able to test. But still would like to know, am I doing it correctly? Should it not auto-update?

Shawn

QUOTE (noknoklink @ Jun 11 2011, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have submitted my first widget into the gallery so I can test on TVs. Version 0.0.1

http://gallery.tv.widgets.yahoo.com/publisher/

Now, I have version 0.0.2, I have uploaded it as well, and then deleted the 0.0.1 from the site.

Now, when on my TV, when going to Widget Gallery, it shows in Widget Gallery the version 0.0.2, yet, when I tun the Widget on my TASKBAR of the TV, it is still running 0.0.1. When I goto Developer page on TV, and look at the installed Widgets, it shows 0.0.1 installed.

Documentation says I have to mark as widget as depricated, but there is now where to do that, so I just deleted the 0.0.1 version the website.

How do I get my TV to update the widget? It is a VIZIO. Or how do I uninstall a widget previously installed, then re-install it?

Shawn
  • Test widgets do not auto-update - only widgets approved and released to the gallery will auto-update.

In testing you are able to have multiple versions of the same app in the 'test widgets' category. As you found, you need to delete the version installed on the TV to then install a different version.

Thanks,
    Ian.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets