TS files

When using the emulator I get the following errors if I try to run an mp4 or ts file:

>>>>> play:2032

** Message: don't know how to handle video/mpegts, systemstream=(boolean)true, packetsize=(int)188

Does this necessarily mean that the files won't play on the samsung?

by
10 Replies
  • QUOTE (c.penny67 @ Mar 31 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    When using the emulator I get the following errors if I try to run an mp4 or ts file:

>>>>> play:2032

** Message: don't know how to handle video/mpegts, systemstream=(boolean)true, packetsize=(int)188

Does this necessarily mean that the files won't play on the samsung?

What plays on the WDK and what plays on Samsung are two completely different beasts. Can you give me a URL to a stream I can test against on a TV?
  • What's your email address Jeremy and I'll send it to you?

p.s. Thanks for all the replies. This forum is proving really useful!
  • QUOTE (c.penny67 @ Mar 31 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What's your email address Jeremy and I'll send it to you?

p.s. Thanks for all the replies. This forum is proving really useful!

Email address: tvwidgets [at] yahoo-inc [dot] com
  • Hi Jeremy did you get the email i sent??
  • TS files work on the TV when the TS file is read from a USB stick. But do not run through the widget.

Is this something that you can support any time in the future?
  • QUOTE (c.penny67 @ Apr 7 2009, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    TS files work on the TV when the TS file is read from a USB stick. But do not run through the widget.

Is this something that you can support any time in the future?

We don't control the media types that the player supports, the manufacturers do as they implement the player, we just expose it in Javascript. I apologize, but I can't speak to their timeframes.
  • I don't think I have explained the problem properly. I'll try again...

When attaching a usb key with a ts file on it to our samsung television, samsungs own media player successfully plays the ts video file.

We then made the same ts file publically available on a http server. We added the url of the file to our video widget which we sent to you to put on our development area on the tv. When launching the video widget and pressing the button to start the ts video file playing, it did not play.

Any ideas?
  • QUOTE (c.penny67 @ Apr 9 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I don't think I have explained the problem properly. I'll try again...

When attaching a usb key with a ts file on it to our samsung television, samsungs own media player successfully plays the ts video file.

We then made the same ts file publically available on a http server. We added the url of the file to our video widget which we sent to you to put on our development area on the tv. When launching the video widget and pressing the button to start the ts video file playing, it did not play.

Any ideas?

I understood you completely. The media player and it's supported codecs is different between what can be played on the TV via USB and what can be played in a widget via HTTP. My apologies if I didn't make that clear before, but it's still a Samsung issue.
  • Ah thanks Jeremy... that makes sense now.
  • QUOTE (c.penny67 @ Apr 14 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ah thanks Jeremy... that makes sense now.

I will follow up with them to try and get the correct list of supported codecs and then do my best to test each one to verify. It might be a while before I can get to this, but I will try to do it soon.

-Jeremy

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets