Playlist with more than one entry crashes TV

Hey All,

I've been looking at getting the media player to play more than one video, and have ran into problems with a specific TV. the model in question is a Vizio M261VP.

To test and see if it was anything I did wrong, I ran the example app "videosample", and selected the option to play 2 videos/clips etc. On other TVs(and in the simulator) this works fine. However, our vizio turns off at the transition between the first and second clip.

Has anyone encountered this behavior, either with this unit or on other models? Is there a flaw in the mediaplayer example? Is there a recommended work around?

Thanks,

TVed

by
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (tved88 @ Jul 6 2011, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hey All,

I've been looking at getting the media player to play more than one video, and have ran into problems with a specific TV. the model in question is a Vizio M261VP.

To test and see if it was anything I did wrong, I ran the example app "videosample", and selected the option to play 2 videos/clips etc. On other TVs(and in the simulator) this works fine. However, our vizio turns off at the transition between the first and second clip.

Has anyone encountered this behavior, either with this unit or on other models? Is there a flaw in the mediaplayer example? Is there a recommended work around?

Thanks,

TVed

Vizio's seem to have the most issues with video playback. We have a video playlist appliction that runs fine on a Samsung, but stops randomly on our Vizio M221NV. Ours stops mid-video mostly, and not between transitions. It only appears to be an issue when we playback from our Akami hosted videos.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets