My Vizio smart TV does not have all the widgets to download in the store

In this link: http://connectedtv.yahoo.com/tvapps/ it has listed of all widgets that are available. But a lot of them I can not find in the Yahoo store on my Vizio smart TV. One widget that I can not download is TV Guide. In the link it is listed that TV Guide is one of the widget available for download but i can not find it in the Yahoo TV store on the Vizio TV.

by
43 Replies
  • Not all apps are available as apps are made available per device from the TV manufacturer and developer/publisher. A publisher may not release their app to a particular device.

• I was pleased to hear that many apps would be coming out after we bought our vizio smart tv last year. very disappointing how few there stll are. also, extremely disappointing that users do not have the ability to enter a web address but can only access content through whatever apps yahoo and vizio see fit to offer. its a load of horse dookie. if you are thinking it sounds like a good deal, its not. for some reason going through the apps makes the web based content stream slower than on my other internet devices. the tv is good, i don't blame vizio except for partnering with yahoo, who apparently has no clue on where they're going with this.

• I recently purchased a Vizio E7011A3 and love the picture, sound, etc, but this app BS really aggravates me. Netflix works but ALL Yahoo apps constantly say "loading" and don't work. I can live without apps but why market them when after years they are vaporware? Bad for Vizio and bad for Yahoo.

• Hi Hugh,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Yahoo Apps loading. There might have been an issue with the initialization of our platform. Would you be able to perform a TV reset to see if that can solve this issue? In order to do so please go to the Vizio menu (key on remote), select System / Reset & Admin / Reset to Factory Defaults. If the TV requires you to enter a code it will be 0000.

Regards, Oli

• Love the vizio 601i-a3. Absolutely hate the yahoo anything on there. Yahoo apps and store is a joke compared to what industry is during. Might have to return the tv if patience runs on this.

RJ

• I agree with the others on this forum that the Yahoo Apps are grossly lacking compared to other SmartTV app stores. We have a Roku and it is better to just hook it up and use it than being frustrated with 1) the performance of the Yahoo Apps as Hulu constantly jumps and skips and 2) the fact that the bulk of the apps are useless Yahoo! apps like Yahoo! PersonalFInance or Yahoo! Sports. Also the fact that about 60 of the 123 apps are "local" news stations porting their mobile app for news (almost as useless as the stock Yahoo! apps).

TV = Freaking awesome picture and sound Apps = Almost as feeble an attempt as Windows Vista was

• I had a problem with apps not loading or allowing me to select them from the menu. Additionally, I was getting a not connected popup when I tried to use some of the apps in the lower menu.

I fixed this by checking the ip address of the DNS server on my computer, and manually entering it into the internet menu on the E320I. This immediately fixed the problem, started an update of 24 items, and allowed me to access the appstore menu.

• I just purchased a Vizio smart tv, hoping I could get rid of my Roku box, thus eliminating some cords. Unfortunately, I cannot. While I am happy Netflix and Hulu are there (although it is the older version of Hulu, not sure why??), I am really missing my PlayOn I had installed on my Roku. Any chance it can be accessible in the near future? If I could have that or any of the other apps I had previously then this purchase would have really seemed worth it. Otherwise, I am going back to my old setup. :(

• Is there a way to download more apps on a Vizio smart TV from the "Yahoo Connected TV Store" App? All I see in this app is information about my Yahoo account, profile, etc. I cannot find a way to browse and download additional apps.

• How do you get more apps I can't find them. People told me to not buy a computer because of my t.v but I can't do anything on it. It won't let me search or nothing it says download then IT stays blank.plz help me. Before I take it back.

• Hi Victoria, Could you give the brand and model number for your TV?

• can i get wwe network on my smart tv

• Snag films hasn't connected, in a few months!

• My conclusion is that the Vizeo E series are not smart at all!

I was less smart to buy it...if I had not already hung it up...I woulkd return it!

Vizeo should be ashamed for marketing it as a SMART TV...what is really is an advertisment for YAHOO... BOO VIZEO

• My suggestion for lack of apps would be to run an HDMI cable from your tablet or computer to your TV's HDMI port. Then you can watch whatever your watching on your PC or tablet on your TV.

• I was told I would be able to add additional apps to my Vizio through yahoo by creating a profile and purchasing the apps I wanted...no luck. We will have to purchase an additional device to get what we want...its too bad Google it doesn't tun on android or Google :( If anyone else has any luck, I would appreciate any info...the connectedtv website link is a joke there's not actual information or guidance on smart tv's just looks like an advertisement

• what a joke the apps are that yahoo has.only what they think you should have.can't even go to their website to purchase what you like.if i just was looking for a tv at the time of purchase,i would be ecstatic over my vizio. but i assumed being able to use the internet with my tv would allow more internet access and viewing options.just purchased the wwe network.can't even buy the app.....which as a life long fan of the wwe means i would not have a problem paying for it.guess it's a good thing i have a ps3. or i guess i could purchase a small tower to operate on my television.of course,as i said....."THAT'S WHY I PURCHASED A SMART TV..........."

• I have a VISIO smart tv, and it used to get the yahoo aps and now does not. I went to the site and all it wanted was my credit card no. It turned back on for one day only. whats up, besides my patience?

• I reset the tv back to manufacture.What a time I had because the code on mi VISIOis NOT 0000

• I have VIZIO E550i-A0 but I don't see any much apps that an be downloaded. I am already connected to TV store. This TV and Yahoo thing is just a piece of crap...

• I have VIZIO E550i-A0 but I only few apps that can be downloaded. I am already connected to TV store. Don't see any apps from developers. This TV and Yahoo thing is just a piece of crap...

• Ok so I just got my vizio smart tv, and I guess I didn't know what I was getting, I thought I was going to be able to get on the internet and do anything like I do on my pc.. also how can I get it to go to full screen??

• Apr 17, 2014
    Hi Tracy, 

Please refer to this link: https://answers.vizio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200596580-Where-is-the-Internet-browser-on-my-VIA-TV-
  • Thanks for a little info but Yahoo has really dropped the ball on this. They market that it has hundreds of channels. I have 101 listed and part of that is just crappy videos that people make. This should be called smart tv lite or kinda smart because it is not what is marketed as a smart tv. I am very frustrated by the selection. If I wanted to use my pc or laptop to stream through I would have done that on my non smart tv. I wanted something where I did not have to use my pc or laptop which was the whole point of SMART TV. Besides the fact that I had to search for hours just to get here. When you go to the connectedtv.yahoo it does not even give you extra choices or anything it is just a couple of pretty pics about what you should not expect to find through yahoo connected store. This is in need of a huge improvement. And from what I see here no one is really getting any info or answers. BTW Love my tv but yahoo is supposed to be providing the apps and they are just not delivering.

• It's either that I'm imagining things or this whole Vizio-Yahoo partnership is a joke. Just bought my E420i-B0. Ridiculous. Why can't I go online to the connectedTV website, select the same apps I use on my other devices, and have the apps synced to my smartTV? Instead, I have to use my HDMI cable to stream from my favorite websites. I bought the smartTV to avoid these extra cables and hoops I have to go through just to stream from the internet. VIZIO/YAHOO, LISTEN TO OUR PLEAS! WE NEED THE FREEDOM TO SELECT AND SYNC APPS THAT ARE WIDELY AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ONLINE. YAHOO, MAKE YOUR CONNECTEDTV "WEBSITE" AN ACTUAL WEBSITE AND NOT A PRETTY PICTURE OF A GUY ON A COUCH!

• "Hundreds of apps," (hundreds, plural) is a blatant, outrageous lie. Considering that my TV offers me 96 applications, with between 30 and 40 of them, in fact, being the one single application used again and again to retrieve news from television stations x, y, z, etc. the word "hundreds" has been long used by Vizio with deception as their intent.

Even after misrepresenting those as individual applications, not even a single hundred applications are available to me. Some people at Vizio are making some pretty foul decisions regarding this aspect of their line of TVs. Yahoo, clearly, isn't responsible for Vizio, but it's sad that they haven't been able to help Vizio or themselves. Maybe Marisa Mayer should be less concerned about people working from home and more concerned with them working to correct things that piss people off at Yahoo. Yahoo began dropping balls in the early 2000's. There aren't too many left. All the cheaply made, Chinese balls that Alibaba brings to the world aren't yahoo's to play with.

Sorry to go off in the dev forum, we (other developers) know it's not you guys. In fact, you're getting screwed, too. You shouldn't have to deal with posts about this. They shouldn't dominate your forum.

• I want the WWE network app. I can watch on my Android tablet but the screen is just too small and it has no way to stream to the TV (no HDMI).

• I went to the website https://answers.vizio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200596580-Where-is-the-Internet-browser-on-my-VIA-TV- this was one of the yahoo answers for a user trying to get on the internet with her VIZIO TV, all the site said was basically you can't, so my question is what is yahoo doing to fix this, every complaint is the same, so if yahoo cant fix the problem then please turn it over to Google so these expensive vizio smart tvs will actually work like a smart tv.

• We have had a lot of trouble out of our "smart tv" and it seems to be getting worse. Hulu freezes up constantly so I'm throwing my money down the drain. Netflix is about the only thing we can watch without glitches or the tv freezing and having to be shut off and turned back on. Most of the time we hook our roku box that we keep in the bedroom up to the smart tv just so we can watch stuff without interruption. We know it's the Tv's apps that are slow because the roku box and my kids' RCA boxes work fine! I will NEVER buy another vizio. Was also told by customer service that the firmware would update "automatically"......that was in like October....and it still hasn't!

• I have the same problem. My Hulu keeps freezing and now my Netflix won't even play. I did everything possible to trouble shoot the Hulu situation but nothing worked. I know it is the tv because I can watch them perfectly fine on my tablet or my Samsung TV. I entered this link looking for answers but it seems we all have the same issues. I can't even remember when was the last time the tv updated. Next time I'll just stick to Samsung smart tvs.

• Same complaints as everyone else bought the WWE network and can't get the app on the tv only on my Phone which is way to small for watching any thing especially someone who has a vision impairment. I signed a 6 month contract for the WWE and he can't even watch it what a shame wish I had never bought this tv .

• I should have read this before I bought my TV last week. My friend just bought Samsung and I bought Vizio. I guess I got what I paid for. The apps do not meet my expectations. And the link above provided by Yahoo on April 17 basically stated that you cannot use the web browser. Why didn't you just say so instead of provided the link? Too embarrassed?

• I switched over to Comcast today hoping it would stop the buffering on my vizio tv. Now I can't even get onto Netflix now. It tells me to try again or exit or click on details. I recent everything on the tv still doesn't work. All my other devices work.

• So dear yahoo Would you be enabling web brousing by adding on an app for web brousing?? If so when. I hope you do reply as others are waiting dor this answer too.

• The app selection on the Vizio TVs is a joke. Maybe that is being too generous. No one is laughing when there are maybe 5 apps that are actually worth having and even those have the most backward, slow to load, and frustrating interfaces of all time (I'm looking at you Amazon Instant Video).

You tell us to check out features on the new, updated, shiny website. It's a nice picture that none of us will ever see. I give you a 10% chance that this update will ever make it onto any TV going forward and 0% chance this update will be provided to older TV. These are TVs. The interface and app store cannot be simply discarded and stagnant every 18 months. This is not the mobile phone market where customers have incentive to buy a shiny new device every two years.

At this point the only recommendation is to never, ever, buy a TV that has anything to do with Yahoo ever again. You will never see WatchESPN. You will never see MLB, NHL, MLS, or NBA apps. You will never see PlayOn. Your interface for Amazon Instant Video will be stuck in a late 90's web motif. You will be constantly frustrated and annoyed to the point that you will buy a separate device (like a Roku or Chromecast) and run all of your content through that instead of your TV. It's ridiculous and it's no surprise other TV manufactuers (other than Vizio and a select few Samsung TVs) all refuse to get into this stagnant ecosystem.

Stay away.

• I want a REAL APP Store. The silence from Yahoo support on the subject is deafining. Are you really telling us Yahoo that you messed up, this is a crappy UI with little to no real expandable options, and you are not going to do anything about it? Yahoo are you really saying that there are just to few of us for you to care that we are severly unhappy with how your app store is represented on the Vizio's Smart TV's?

• To whom it may concern,

How has it actually been 3 months since yahoo's last reply, where the hell is the costumer service? I didn't spend over an hour looking for answers to just end up on a page with nothing but complaints. Yahoo your smart TV is crap, but I shouldn't have expected any less to be manufactured by you. So now I'm gonna either have to spend another $550 on a new TV that won't drive me "batshit" crazy, or you guys just fix this....I'll keep my fingers crossed that sometime in the near future Yahoo busts out with some mind blowing extreme make over system upgrade that's gonna allow my vizio to fabricate some kind of mystical unicorn with an apology letter written out in their own rainbowie fluids reassuring me that Yahoo actually gives a damn about the very few supporters they actually have and will do their best to make up for this purposeless scam.

• So is Yahoo going to provide anything new? Wish I would have purchased something else. Yahoo sucks! The FaceBook app doesn't work at all. Can it be fixed? Almost all the apps are junk. I will spread the word to all I talk to. Stay away from Yahoo and Vizio.

• How do I sync my galaxy s3 to my Vizio smart tv? I was able to a month ago and now I cant. I have internet because I have it for my cell and laptop but I am not able to do this plus watch Netflix like I was able to about a month ago also.. Please help

• I have a Vizio E3D320VX. The YouTube app consistently ails to play video after about 1 hr. This means I can't watch any long programs. I have to go to my computer or iPad to finish watch the rest of the program. I will not buy another smart TV with Yahoo apps.

• Hello to all! I need to agree with most other statements. VIZIO should be rejected to call these SMART TV. I was excited yesterday when I bought the TV and now have a SMART TV. Nothing smart on it. I cannot even browse anything. So what is so smart? BS. Sorry to say, but Yahoo, you are far away from Google. So everybody, please keep in mind that the contents is not what it promises.

• I had no idea that this vizio/yahoo partnership resulted in such crap. I can not find and decent app beyond hulu and netflix. at least give us MLBtv.

• I Want PBS buy Yahoo/Vizio doesn't offer it. This is one of the most common apps out there. Yahoo..what is your problem? Why can't you offer the ability to select different apps offered on this TV. This sucks big time. Roku...I'm not done with you yet. Because, my smart tv is not so smart with Yahoo on it.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets