Loading process background

Hi all,

In my widget, there are a view Welcome, and a view Main.

Is there anyway to loading the view Main background when we are showing the view Welcome?

Currently, i show the view Welcome, and after 10s, i load the view Main by "loadView", at this time, it will show LoadingOverlay, and start getting data from server for the view Main. It will take user more then 10s to show the view Main.
My client wants after 10s, the view Main will show immediately.

Please help, many thanks.

Jerry ^ _ ^

by
2 Replies
  • Why does it take 10s for your main view to show? I would address that issue first.

-Jeremy
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Jun 4 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Why does it take 10s for your main view to show? I would address that issue first.

-Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

For your question: my client wants to show the view Welcome in 10s (there is advertisement in this view). It takes 10s to get data and render controls to prepare for the view Main, user won't wait so long to view the view Main.

For my problem, i mean:
    While the view Welcome is being showed in 10s, my client wants that all things in the view Main (include: data && controls) are loaded background. And then, after 10s, the view Main will be showed immediately (not take more time to render control or get data).

I solved my problem, but just for data, like this:
    While the view Welcome is being showed in 10s, i get data for the view Main. Then, after 10s, the view Main will render its controls with data i got.
    My client agreed with this, b/c the time to render controls isn't long.

Thanks Jeremy.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets