Issues and problems with apps

If you are having issues with a TV App you may try the following:

Delete and Reinstall the TV App

To delete the app (some standard apps cannot be deleted) and to reinstall the same app from the Yahoo! Connected TV Store, follow these steps:

1. Bring up the TV Dock by pressing the Yahoo! TV key on the remote control.
  2. Use the RIGHT and LEFT ARROW keys to move the dock’s focus to the problem app.
  3. Select the YELLOW key on the remote control.
  4. Navigate to and select the Delete button on the TV screen and confirm the deletion of the app.
  5. Find the same TV App in the Yahoo! Connected TV Store (called the Widget Gallery on some TVs) and reinstall.

Recycle the TV

If you are unable to delete the app or, if after deleting and reinstalling, you continue to have problems, follow these steps:

1. Turn the TV off.
  2. Unplug the TV power source and wait for at least one minute.
  3. Plug the TV in.
  4. Bring up the TV Dock by pressing the Yahoo! TV key on the remote control.
  5. Use the RIGHT and LEFT ARROW keys to move the dock’s focus to the problem app.
  6. Press the SELECT key to launch the app.

Perform a Factory Reset

If after trying the options described above, you are still having problems with the app, you may need to perform a Factory Reset for your TV. Refer to your TV’s settings manual for instructions on how to perform a Factory Reset.

Note – You may lose other TV settings when performing a Factory Reset.

Contact the TV App Publisher

To receive additional app support, you can contact the company that publishes the TV App. To find more information about the publisher follow these steps:

1. Bring up the TV Dock by pressing the Yahoo! TV key on the remote control.
  2. Use the RIGHT and LEFT ARROW keys to move the dock’s focus to the problem app.
  3. Press the SELECT key to launch the app.
  4. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to navigate to the Settings button at the bottom of the sidebar and press the SELECT key, or alternatively press the GREEN key on your remote control when the sidebar is open.
  5. Navigate to and select the About button.

If you have are having problems with a Yahoo! TV App, you may contact Yahoo! Connected TV at: yctvsupport(at)yahoo-inc(dot)com

by
7 Replies
  • Question: "Bring up the TV Dock by pressing the Yahoo! TV key on the remote control?" I do not have a "Yahoo! TV key" on my Samsung TV remote The TV is a 2010 model. Any ideas on which button could work? Thanks, JMC

• You should use the @Internet button or similar button to bring up the dock on the TV. You may have to access Y! from the Samsung platform by selecting the "Y!" app on Samsung.

• Ok, just learned something new ... I never knew how to even delete an app. But I still cannot delete Netflix, amazon, or vudo. I need more info in order to reinstall system apps like the HDTV settings, netflix type, and yahoo apps. Any info greatly appreciated.

• @Pinechee - Netflix and VUDU are standard apps that may not be deleted. The System apps (HDTV Settings, Profile and the Y! Connected TV Store apps are also standard apps that may not be deleted. If you would like to restore the TV to the original apps as the TV shipped you may perform a factory reset.

If you would like to discover and install new apps, go to the Y! Connected TV Store.

• I cannot even sign into Yahoo on my TV. What's up with that?

• ..and I just tried the rest procedures.. and guess what? Nothing works the thing is still goofed up.

• I have done everything that I can think of, up to and including a factory reset. Now, I go to the only two snippets, "My Profile" and "Widget Gallery". I select one or the other and it loads. Once loaded I can select anything on my remote and the TV turns off. Samsung Model PN50B650 Software version T-CHEAUSC-1017.2 version SE04 if it helps.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets