Important Announcement regarding European Samsung TVs

Hello Everyone!

Today I have the distinct pleasure of announcing that as of today, Framework 1.3 is now approved by Samsung for European model 2009 TVs. As many of you know, up until today, Framework 1.1 was the latest framework available on the those model TVs. With this update we are now very close to having a consistent framework version available across all TVs worldwide.

Enjoy!

-Jeremy

15 Replies
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ May 12 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello Everyone!

Today I have the distinct pleasure of announcing that as of today, Framework 1.3 is now approved by Samsung for European model 2009 TVs. As many of you know, up until today, Framework 1.1 was the latest framework available on the those model TVs. With this update we are now very close to having a consistent framework version available across all TVs worldwide.

Enjoy!

-Jeremy

Hello

Does that mean that we need to update something on our TV ? Will facebook widget work again ?

Thanks
  • Dear Jeremy, (or anyone from Yahoo!)

Please, confirm that widgets on the Samsung screen above are powered by Yahoo! Wigdet Engine or they are new Samsung framework based (e.g. Bada) apps (the name is the same as Samsung App store for mobile phones www.samsungapps.com) and there is a tv.samsungapps.com site, too ( currently empty)
  • QUOTE (jozsoj @ Jun 8 2010, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Dear Jeremy, (or anyone from Yahoo!)

Please, confirm that widgets on the Samsung screen above are powered by Yahoo! Wigdet Engine or they are new Samsung framework based (e.g. Bada) apps (the name is the same as Samsung App store for mobile phones www.samsungapps.com) and there is a tv.samsungapps.com site, too ( currently empty)

Samsung widgets are not powered by the Yahoo Engine. Samsung has there own platform, basically a browser over the video plane. All programming is done using web languages (HTML, JS, CSS).
    Hello Everyone!

Enjoy!

-Jeremy

I also bought a 2010 european Samsung TV an UE32C6710 to be exact, and was planning to develop using the WDK. Since alls Information on Samsungs and Yahoos sites suggest these TVs use the WDK. I also seee the exact same screeen as shown below and am more than irritated by the last response in this thread that internet@tv is not powered by the Yahoo WDK.

Please clarify
  • QUOTE (gerd_kamp @ Jun 14 2010, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I also bought a 2010 european Samsung TV an UE32C6710 to be exact, and was planning to develop using the WDK. Since alls Information on Samsungs and Yahoos sites suggest these TVs use the WDK. I also seee the exact same screeen as shown below and am more than irritated by the last response in this thread that internet@tv is not powered by the Yahoo WDK.

Please clarify

The Hungarian Samsung CR wrote this to me:
    "A Yahoo Widget is availabe in B series Internet connected LED and LCD
    TVs, B650, BB670, B750 and B7000, B8000 models are compatible with
    Yahoo Widget."
    2010 Samsung models are in C series:(
  • Hello Julien,

The Facebook widget issue with European model Samsung 2009 TVs has nothing to do with the Framework.

-Jeremy
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ May 13 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello Julien,

The Facebook widget issue with European model Samsung 2009 TVs has nothing to do with the Framework.

-Jeremy

I am from Romania (Europe) .i have samsung 2009 6 series. the facebook widget work well, but it is no more in the widget gallery.it is instaled on tv.after automatically update of widdget it's no more in widget gallery.i use facebook from my profile.if i make an update software i lose this widdget.is a solution to save this widget in memory of tv ?
  • QUOTE (cudu13@... @ May 23 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I am from Romania (Europe) .i have samsung 2009 6 series. the facebook widget work well, but it is no more in the widget gallery.it is instaled on tv.after automatically update of widdget it's no more in widget gallery.i use facebook from my profile.if i make an update software i lose this widdget.is a solution to save this widget in memory of tv ?

There is a technical issue being addressed in the widget. When the issue is resolved, the widget will return. I apologize, but I can't provide any additional details at this time.

-Jeremy
    Hello Everyone!

Enjoy!

-Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I have Samsung LE40C650 TV set purchased in Europe (Poland). I've just upgraded it to the latest firmware version (from May 19, 2010). I was expecting to see Yahoo! TV widgets under "Internet@TV" - unfortunately Internet@TV does not look like Yahoo! TV widgets. Instead of dock/sidebar/snippets (as in YW documentation) I have only full screen widgets gallery. According to Yahoo! website (http://connectedtv.yahoo.com/partners/samsung) 40" 650 model should be supported. I'm not sure if it has something to do with Framework version (1.3 vs 1.1), but I would appreciate if you can indicate what I'm doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
    Kuba
  • QUOTE (jakub.gorski @ May 27 2010, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Jeremy,

I have Samsung LE40C650 TV set purchased in Europe (Poland). I've just upgraded it to the latest firmware version (from May 19, 2010). I was expecting to see Yahoo! TV widgets under "Internet@TV" - unfortunately Internet@TV does not look like Yahoo! TV widgets. Instead of dock/sidebar/snippets (as in YW documentation) I have only full screen widgets gallery. According to Yahoo! website (http://connectedtv.yahoo.com/partners/samsung) 40" 650 model should be supported. I'm not sure if it has something to do with Framework version (1.3 vs 1.1), but I would appreciate if you can indicate what I'm doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
    Kuba

Hi Jakub!

Poland is not in supported countries list. But you can change country on your TV on for example United Kingdom and Yahoo! widgets should be appear.

Some details: http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/?showtopic=2318
  • Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately changing country (to Germany - UK was not on the list) did not help :(Some details: http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/?showtopic=2318
  • QUOTE (jakub.gorski @ May 28 2010, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately changing country (to Germany - UK was not on the list) did not help :(Yesterday I saw the same screen on a Samsung LED TV 6500 in Hungary, I visited an official Samsung showroom. I have not found Yahoo Widget Gallery at all.
  • QUOTE (jakub.gorski @ May 28 2010, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately changing country (to Germany - UK was not on the list) did not help :(
  • Hello,

This is the samsung internet@tv 2010 version.
    Is there a way to have it on a LE32B650T2WXXC 2009 model ?

I would like to have it because with my yahoo gallery I only have few widget.
    I'm in France and I'd like to have deezer or tf1 widget for examples.
    So with 2010 onternet@tv, it's possbile.

Is Anybody have a solution for me ?

Thanks
  • No Yahoo widgets on our Samsung UE40C6735USXXE in Sweden. We only have the option of selecting between Sweden/Finland/Norway/Denmark when selecting region, but I thought Sweden was supposed to be supported?
  • Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets