HTML Support and Modify dinamically

I'm trying to develop our widgets withWDK.

As I've understood, each view(snippet, sidebar and fullscreen) has its own XML file and js file.

Now, I have some issues:
- The elements in the xml file represent the content in view. I do not figure out how can i dynamically modify their properties. I suppose I have to refresh/reload the view. There are events attached to the view (onShow, onLoad) but how can they be triggered at will.
For example for the widget Weather, I've created the temperature element in the xml file and when I retrieve the current temperature data, I have to change the value of the displayed temperature element. I've tried the getElementById('id') method and also the setAttribute("data",'string') method which are mentionned in the documentation of konfabulator for Yahoo Desktop Widgets. But it seems that they don't work.

- I wonder if HTML content is supported by the WDK. I tried to use the Web element as described in Konfabulator 4.5 (desktop) with no success:
<web url="http://yahoo.com"/>

<web html="<body><H1>Hello world</H1></body>" bgColor="#FFFFFF"/>

I even got the following error on the console:

Warning: Unrecognized attribute 'url' (main.TV: Line 1)

Warning: Unrecognized attribute 'html' (main.TV: Line 1)
Warning: Unrecognized attribute 'bgcolor' (main.TV: Line 1)

For information, I tried this for all the views (snippet, sidebar and fullscreen).

by
2 Replies
  • The Web() object is not supported.

Please make sure to use only the documentation from TV WDK, not the desktop version.
  • QUOTE (WidgetRealm @ May 14 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The Web() object is not supported.

Please make sure to use only the documentation from TV WDK, not the desktop version.

To reiterate what he said, Konfabulator and the TV Widgets while sharing common ancestry and very different beasts. Please do insure you are following the TV documentation and not the desktop docs.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets