Fonts

In the developer guide it suggests that the following fonts can be used:

serif (Times New Roman)
sans-serif (Arial)
cursive (Comic Sans MS)
fantasy (Futura)
monospace (Courier New)

I've attempted to change the fontFamily to these for some of my text but can't see a difference in the style.

by
4 Replies
  • QUOTE (c.penny67 @ Apr 15 2009, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    In the developer guide it suggests that the following fonts can be used:

<snip>

I've attempted to change the fontFamily to these for some of my text but can't see a difference in the style.

As best as I can tell, the only supported font currently is Helvetica, but I will follow up to be sure.

-Jeremy
  • I believe the supported font is 'Helvetica Nueu' - slightly different then '

The Developer Guide mentions the fontStretch attribute, but when I try to set it to 'condensed' I see no change in the font.

Is fontStretch : 'condensed' supported yet?
  • QUOTE (pbatey99 @ Apr 21 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I believe the supported font is 'Helvetica Nueu' - slightly different then '

The Developer Guide mentions the fontStretch attribute, but when I try to set it to 'condensed' I see no change in the font.

Is fontStretch : 'condensed' supported yet?

This CSS section of the developer guide is a holdover from the desktop widgets reference. I'll follow up with engineering to see what parts (if any) are supported for TV Widgets.

Thank you!
    Kelly
  • QUOTE (TVWidgetDocs @ Apr 21 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This CSS section of the developer guide is a holdover from the desktop widgets reference. I'll follow up with engineering to see what parts (if any) are supported for TV Widgets.

Only the following fonts are supported:

Helvetica Neue (normal, bold, italic and bold italic)
    Helvetica Neue Condensed (normal and bold)
    Helvetica Neue Light (normal and italic)

Note that Helvetica Neue Condensed is a font name and not a variant of Helvetica Neue. To select it you must set the fontFamily=”Helvetica Neue Condensed” and not fontFamily=”Helvetica Neue”, fontStretch=”condensed”.

As a widget developer you cannot add additional fonts with your widget installation. We'll update the CSS Reference section to reflect this.

Thank you,
    Kelly

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets