Extending a custom MediaTransportOverlay

I hope this is the right place to post this discussiong thread. I am having no luck in the other one. Basically all I am trying to do is create a custom control class extending off of MediaTransportOverlay. My custom class will have some of the media transport and elapsed time element reordered. It will also have the ability to insert some branding. The only problem is I cannot find any good documentation on how to create a custom control class.

I have pasted the link to the other discussion to clarify what I am asking:

http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8583

by
1 Reply
  • Here is some code I have written so far:

CODE
    // This overlay gets us closer to the Samsung box
    var KarmaCode = {};

KarmaCode.MediaTransportOverlay = new KONtx.Class({
    ClassName: 'KarmaCodeMediaTransportOverlay',

Extends: KONtx.control.MediaTransportOverlay,

initialize: function(){
    KONtx_automation_log("function","KONtx.control.MediaTransportOverlay","initialize");
    this.parent();
    },

/***
    * @method setStyles
    * @var obj <object>
    * @description This method sets the styles on the control based on the current dimensions and onscreen buttons
    * @end
    * @access public
    ***/
    setStyles: function(obj) {
    this.parent(obj);
    },
    });

QUOTE (Bensan George @ Mar 13 2011, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I hope this is the right place to post this discussiong thread. I am having no luck in the other one. Basically all I am trying to do is create a custom control class extending off of MediaTransportOverlay. My custom class will have some of the media transport and elapsed time element reordered. It will also have the ability to insert some branding. The only problem is I cannot find any good documentation on how to create a custom control class.

I have pasted the link to the other discussion to clarify what I am asking:

http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8583

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets