Double focus problems

We are having focus problems in two of our views.

1) Is when we are using the search suggest view. When entering for the first time we want the focus to always go to the keyboard and so have used the function

this.controls.keyboard.resetFocus();

This results in a double focus one on the back button and one of the keyboard. The one of the back button is the active highlight.

2) Is when we are using alert dialogs. I.e. when go to a page it pops up an alert dialog, after closing this we get a double focus, one on the "home" logo at the top of the widget and the other on the first button(where we want the focus).

I've seen on other posts that focus problems will be fixed in the next release. Will this be fixed also?

Cheers,

Penny

by
5 Replies
  • Don't know about the keyboard issues, but possibly can help on the alert issue.

We were having the same problem with the alert() functionality and then we realized we were using the button(s) incorrectly.

There is no need to set a view command inside the close button, unless you want something else other than a return to the underlying screen. By providing a view to return to, you are in a sense overlaying the same view over the previous view.

You want to use something like the below for your alert menu.

CODE
    new KONtx.dialogs.Alert({
    title: 'Error Title',
    focusOnCompletion: (some button handle),
    buttons: [{label:'Close'}]
    }).show();
  • QUOTE (c.penny67 @ May 28 2009, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We are having focus problems in two of our views.

1) Is when we are using the search suggest view. When entering for the first time we want the focus to always go to the keyboard and so have used the function

this.controls.keyboard.resetFocus();

This results in a double focus one on the back button and one of the keyboard. The one of the back button is the active highlight.

2) Is when we are using alert dialogs. I.e. when go to a page it pops up an alert dialog, after closing this we get a double focus, one on the "home" logo at the top of the widget and the other on the first button(where we want the focus).

I've seen on other posts that focus problems will be fixed in the next release. Will this be fixed also?

Cheers,

Penny

This works as you want automatically in the latest framework, so I assume it was fixed, but I don't remember it being broke.

-Jeremy
  • Hi Jeremy,

When you say latest framework which are you refering to?

Cheers,

Penny
  • QUOTE (c.penny67 @ May 31 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Jeremy,

When you say latest framework which are you refering to?

Cheers,

Penny

Framework version 1.1.41. It's coming out in the next WDK.

-Jeremy
  • Great, thanks Jeremy. We look forward to seeing this release.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets