Broadcast Interactivity

Hey. I saw the broadcast interactivity demos at CES. Are there any plans to incorporate that type of functionality in the developer kit ? E.g. let us specify certain phrases, words, actors, etc that can trigger a particular widget to start up. Also, what technology is used by the broadcasters to send the signal to the platform ? Is it one of the closed captioning signals ? E.g. The yahoo platform is just looking for certain phrases in a CC signal ?

by
2 Replies
  • Hey Jeff, Our intent is to make some of this information available to developers. Right now we are releasing Broadcast Interactivity as a pilot program for select publishers. We will keep everyone up to date on when Broadcast Interactivity along with other features roll out to the public.

I can tell you that the Yahoo! Connected TV Store will launch in the Spring of 2011. The Y! Connected TV store will allow developers to publish paid apps.
  • Hi Austin,

Any update on the 'how' it will be accomplished?  Is there special triggers that need to be imbedded inside the data stream?  Is this EBIF/tru2way stuff or a custom format for us?  Would we be able to trigger using native content only? Will it support broadcasts over the major MSO's?  Do they need to approve or be involved?
    QUOTE(Austin Teames @ 12 Jan 2011 2:27 PM)
    Hey Jeff, Our intent is to make some of this information available to developers. Right now we are releasing Broadcast Interactivity as a pilot program for select publishers. We will keep everyone up to date on when Broadcast Interactivity along with other features roll out to the public.

I can tell you that the Yahoo! Connected TV Store will launch in the Spring of 2011. The Y! Connected TV store will allow developers to publish paid apps.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets