Audio support..

I attempted to play .mp3 and .wma files through the tv.mediaplayer but this did not work. Is there support for audio playback?

by
10 Replies
  • QUOTE (c.penny67 @ Mar 13 2009, 02:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I attempted to play .mp3 and .wma files through the tv.mediaplayer but this did not work. Is there support for audio playback?

Currently this works on TV platforms. I will need to check and see if it's supported on WDK builds.
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Mar 13 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Currently this works on TV platforms. I will need to check and see if it's supported on WDK builds.

By that do you mean it will work once the widget is on the TV but not on the emulator?
  • I was just told it should work in the WDK (and I know it works on the TV). Can you please provide more details on what you are experiencing / testing with?
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Mar 25 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I was just told it should work in the WDK (and I know it works on the TV). Can you please provide more details on what you are experiencing / testing with?

When I try to play an MP3 file through the simulator console, nothing happens and both the simulator & console will hang. The file is located on my HTTP server - http://boscomonkey.com/testmp3/Josh_Woodwa...rning_After.mp3

CODE
    tv.mediaplayer.load("http://boscomonkey.com/testmp3/Josh_Woodward-Morning_After.mp3");
    // console prints some debugging statements
    tv.mediaplayer.play();
    // console and simulator hangs

My WDK is 0.9.5-33
  • QUOTE (boscomonkey @ Apr 15 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    When I try to play an MP3 file through the simulator console, nothing happens and both the simulator & console will hang. The file is located on my HTTP server - http://boscomonkey.com/testmp3/Josh_Woodwa...rning_After.mp3

CODE
    tv.mediaplayer.load("http://boscomonkey.com/testmp3/Josh_Woodward-Morning_After.mp3");
    // console prints some debugging statements
    tv.mediaplayer.play();
    // console and simulator hangs

My WDK is 0.9.5-33

Thanks for the sample file and repro steps. I've opened a bug on this issue so it can be investigated and will report back once I have more information.

-Jeremy
  • Hi Jeremy,

We are trying to play ACC+ audio streams. But we met problems that the device media player throw out : Error: LR_XPSM: LR_XpsmPlayer::GetMediaTypeInfo() - Exception: -4888. Anything we can do to detect the supported codec, or force the codec?

tv.mediaplayer.play() is the only way to play audio stream, right?

Thanks.

QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Apr 15 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks for the sample file and repro steps. I've opened a bug on this issue so it can be investigated and will report back once I have more information.

-Jeremy
  • QUOTE (Dennis @ Apr 16 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    tv.mediaplayer.play() is the only way to play audio stream, right?

Correct.

QUOTE (Dennis @ Apr 16 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We are trying to play ACC+ audio streams. But we met problems that the device media player throw out : Error: LR_XPSM: LR_XpsmPlayer::GetMediaTypeInfo() - Exception: -4888. Anything we can do to detect the supported codec, or force the codec?

Can you provide me a source stream with which to test?

Thanks!

-Jeremy
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Apr 15 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a small token of good news, I was able to play the stream you provided on a Samsung TV without a problem.

-Jeremy
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Apr 15 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-Jeremy

Any news on the audio front?
  • QUOTE (boscomonkey @ May 1 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Any news on the audio front?

I've been told it's now working and an updated WDK is coming soon.

-Jeremy

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets