Amazon Instant Video App Crashes VIZIO TV

I've had this issue for about six months now; I've spoken with Amazon and with VIZIO several times, and have yet to receive any information regarding if or even when a fix will be available.

The Amazon Instant Video app crashes my TV at random times when I attempt to resume a video I was watching or if I rewind or fast forward a video I'm currently watching. Basically...if I want to continue watching the rest of a movie or TV show later, I have to keep the video paused until I come back...which is not a fix.

I had the similar issue with the HULUPlus app; I basically canceled my subscription because I couldn't watch any of the shows I wanted to watch.

3 Replies
  • this is happening to me too. I cannot start the amazon app at all, generally instead the tv shuts off but sometimes the app toolbar comes up instead. I've only had the tv about a month

• Same here....seems since the last upgrade...

• Has anyone found a fix for this? I just got mine, and I haven't been able to open the Amazon Instant app without it crashing yet.

Netflix is also crap on this TV... Really going to look into the return policy on this thing.

Recent Posts

in General - Yahoo! TV Widgets