Yahoo! Sports API

hello,

i was wondering if there is any new information about the Sports or Fantasy Sports API that is on the roadmap. I would love this to be rolled out soon. Does anyone have any news.

Isaac

by
20 Replies
  • I currently don't have any news available on the release schedule of the Sports API unfortunately. If we do hear something along the way we'll post back.

- Jon

QUOTE (ziggy @ Jun 2 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    hello,

i was wondering if there is any new information about the Sports or Fantasy Sports API that is on the roadmap. I would love this to be rolled out soon. Does anyone have any news.

Isaac
  • Any update on the Fantasy Sports API?
  • The Fantasy Sports API is not available yet. It is slated to launch in the near future (think weeks, not months).
  • QUOTE (cby @ Sep 23 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The Fantasy Sports API is not available yet. It is slated to launch in the near future (think weeks, not months).

Any word on this yet?
  • Still waiting on this, but it shouldn't be too much longer.

Cheers,
    Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN
  • Will the API include web services for client applications?
  • I'm not sure, I haven't seen it yet, but we should be able to share it with you soon.

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN
  • Is there any information on this you know at this time? Would it provide real-time data, same as that which we might see if we went to a game's boxscore page?
  • We're not sure at the current time - as soon as we see it or have further information we'll post more.

- Jon
  • Hey folks, any news yet on a release date for this API? I was scanning YDN last night and still can't find anything on there. Can you give us an ETA? I know a lot of us are eagerly awaiting this release.

Cheers,

Andi
  • We still don't have a solid ETA on our side. Unfortunately there's nothing we have to tell yet.

- Jon
  • Please add me to the "interested" list as well... Thanks ;)
  • i'm interested as well. thanks!
  • Whats the status on this?
  • Man we've been waiting on this a long time.

Can we get some word that isn't "Just keep waiting"?

Is it something we shouldn't hold our breath for, something that is on the back burner, something that is in current dev, passive dev - anything??!?!

Im fine with anything other than "Real Soon" - I know how things can get when developing a lot of other things and I don't think anyone would mind if it even got cancelled - though we would be a bit disappointed - we'd stop waiting.

Reading through all these comments over the last 2 years, it's starting to get a bit comical
  • I know, it's embarrassing! I know for a fact that it's not cancelled, but to be safe I won't give you a date (I've been wrong too many times). Relatively soon...

Cheers!
    Robyn Tippins
    @duzins on Twitter
    Community Manager, YDN

***Follow YDN on Twitter and Facebook***
  • Count me as another interested developer!
  • Another interested developer here as well
  • This would be great!
  • Any news this month?

Any chance it's similar to openfooty (http://www.footytube.com/openfooty/karma.php)?

Does any of this have anything to do with yahoo's acquisition of citizen sports?
  • Interesting in ETA as well.
  • I am also very interested in the release of this API. Is there a list besides this board that we can join to receive any relevant updates to this topic (other than lots of people want it!)?
  • Announcements will be made on the YDN blog when this has been pushed out. If you subscribe to the blog feed at http://developer.yahoo.com/blog that would be the best place for announcements.

- Jon
  • QUOTE (Jonathan LeBlanc @ May 20 2010, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Announcements will be made on the YDN blog when this has been pushed out. If you subscribe to the blog feed at http://developer.yahoo.com/blog that would be the best place for announcements.

- Jon

About the same time as Duke Nukem Forever.....
  • Not quite that long - some time between now and that long.

I wish we had more information for you all but we're in the dark until there is a solid release candidate available.

- Jon

QUOTE (philjepsen @ May 31 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    About the same time as Duke Nukem Forever.....
  • It looks like it was sooner rather than later - I just saw a post about the fantasy sports API just being released: http://developer.yahoo.com/fantasysports

Enjoy,
    Jon

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN