Yahoo Shopping API - DisplayNumOfStores vs. TotalOffers

I'm trying to clean up a few things on one of my company's web sites, and one of them has a shopping feature, going through the Yahoo Shopping API. Trouble is, on the listing of products in a category, on some items, the "DisplayNumOfStores" will come back with a value of "3 stores", and whenever I go into the item page, the "totalOffers" that is returned is reduced to 2.

This isn't an issue with the code that's written on my company's end, as far as I can tell, unless we're not calling the API properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

by
0 Replies
  • Hi Lord Enigma,

I personally haven't done too much work with the shopping api but I've sent out an e-mail to our shopping contact here at Yahoo! to see if he might be able to shed some light on this question. Please hang tight until we can get an answer for you.

- Jon

QUOTE (Lord Enigma @ Feb 24 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm trying to clean up a few things on one of my company's web sites, and one of them has a shopping feature, going through the Yahoo Shopping API. Trouble is, on the listing of products in a category, on some items, the "DisplayNumOfStores" will come back with a value of "3 stores", and whenever I go into the item page, the "totalOffers" that is returned is reduced to 2.

This isn't an issue with the code that's written on my company's end, as far as I can tell, unless we're not calling the API properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • Moved this topic to General Discussion at YDN.

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN