Yahoo Finance - Real Time Data

Is it true that if I'm not logged into Yahoo! Finance, and I pull a stock quote from finance.yahoo.com/d/quote.csv (or whatever the URL is) that it will be up to 20 minutes behind, instead of real-time? Coversely, will it be real-time if I am logged in, and Yahoo! recognizes my credentials?

If I must be authenticated to Yahoo! Finance programmatically, can I use a query string to authenticate to Yahoo! or some other simple mechanism that won't require multiple requests or a screen scrape and manual post (i.e. by using a query string "?username=me&password=that")?

Thanks,
Aaron

by
1 Reply
  • Hi Aaron E, where did you see the information about the feed being 20 min behind if you are not signed in? I don't see a reference to that on the finance feed page.

- Jon

QUOTE (Aaron E @ May 7 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Is it true that if I'm not logged into Yahoo! Finance, and I pull a stock quote from finance.yahoo.com/d/quote.csv (or whatever the URL is) that it will be up to 20 minutes behind, instead of real-time? Coversely, will it be real-time if I am logged in, and Yahoo! recognizes my credentials?

If I must be authenticated to Yahoo! Finance programmatically, can I use a query string to authenticate to Yahoo! or some other simple mechanism that won't require multiple requests or a screen scrape and manual post (i.e. by using a query string "?username=me&password=that")?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN