Welcome to YDN Forums

Welcome to our forums. We don't have many rules here, other than to be nice and to play well with others. Of course, if you want more detail than that, you can take a few weeks to read the TOS you agreed to when you opened your Yahoo! account. So, without further ado, be a good citizen and enjoy our new forums.

Cheers,
Robyn Tippins
Community Manager, YDN

by
12 Replies
  • Hooray! YDN is an incredibly useful resource... I'm completely in love with the YUI and all of the great material you guys produce (best practices, performance, education materials etc. etc.)

Thank you!
  • QUOTE (blholub @ Jul 16 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hooray! YDN is an incredibly useful resource... I'm completely in love with the YUI and all of the great material you guys produce (best practices, performance, education materials etc. etc.)

Thank you!

Stop! We're blushing ;) Nah, glad you like it. Please let us know if you have any suggestions on how we can get even better.

Robyn
  • QUOTE (Duzins @ Jul 16 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Stop! We're blushing ;) Nah, glad you like it. Please let us know if you have any suggestions on how we can get even better.

Robyn

This may already be in the plans, but more forums would probably be a good idea. I see that there's a section for GeoPlanet... will there be similar sections for other services/groups/products? I know YUI has discussions under the ydn-javascript mailing list/group... are these forums meant to be a replacement, supplement, or complement? I actually prefer the forum format over the mailing list, I just find it easier to use/participate...

I'd love to see a place (or places) for OpenID and OAuth... I see a ton of value to really pushing those into the mainstream. I think they're valuable both for internet applications that are sharing data between separate companies, as well as big enterprise suites integrating multiple products under the same company (something I'm trying to push where I work).

Thanks again

--
    Brian
  • QUOTE (blholub @ Jul 17 2008, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This may already be in the plans, but more forums would probably be a good idea.

You're right. That's the plan. We're starting with a short list of forums just to kick the tires and make sure things work the way they should before we start rolling out more.
  • I thought Robyn's blog post struck a nice (funny) note. Ideally discussions will be better integrated with other resources around ydn and the net. Right now, at least we can listen and ramble.. with code snippettes!
  • Loud cheers! About time! :)
  • Yeay! The forums are up.
  • Thanks, it's great to be here! (just testing.)
  • it's great to be here!
  • Great stuff. I am glad I have started to use the Yahoo! Developer Network and the APIs because its so easier than I anticipated. Wish the forum was a little more active though :P.
  • Ben, I agree and we're working on making that happen. So many of our APIs are still supported on Groups so the bulk of developers using our APIs are probably still unaware that the forum exists.

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN

QUOTE (benstones@ymail.com @ Dec 7 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Great stuff. I am glad I have started to use the Yahoo! Developer Network and the APIs because its so easier than I anticipated. Wish the forum was a little more active though :P.
  • Just joined YDN. I am enjoying it, tons of awesome resources available here and a friendly community!<br><br>Alicia Leiter<br><a href="http://breastfeeding-diet.org">Breastfeeding-Diet.org</a><br><br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(duzins @ 16 Jul 2008 1:04 PM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">Welcome to our forums. We don&#39;t have many rules here, other than to be nice and to play well with others. Of course, if you want more detail than that, you can take a few weeks to read the TOS you agreed to when you opened your Yahoo! account. So, without further ado, be a good citizen and enjoy our new forums.<br><br>Cheers,<br>Robyn Tippins<br>Community Manager, YDN</blockquote></div></div>
  • Hi,<br><br>I have a website built in php and currently hosted on GoDaddy. I want to built the same site on yahoo application platform but did not find much help like where to start and there on. Any document or any help would be really appreciated. I am looking forward to be with YDN.<br><br>Thanks

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN