Server side include for css and js files

Hi,
I am tryuing to build a yahoo widget where the content would be coming for a CMS server. The final output of this CMS server would be an HTML page. This complete URL would be used in yahoo developer network in my project tab in application URL section to preview the canvas and small view of my application.

Issue:
As i understand the canvas and small view of yahoo widgets contains header footer and adv of yahoo and the main portion of page is the output of our application.
1. Does that means my application output HTML page can not have head , body tag and should only contain the DIV for dynamic content coming from server which would be included in Final HTML of yahoo midget view.
2. IF answer to above question is yes. How can I included the css and js file includes of my page.
3. How is server side include for css and js files done in yahoo widget creation.

Any pointer on this would be appreciated

by
0 Replies
  • Hi yadav_jitendra80,

To answer your questions:
    1. Correct - the head / body are already set by the application page itself. Consider your application as residing within a div in the middle of an existing page
    2. You can embed your CSS / JavaScript directly into your application via <script> & <style> tags.
    3. I'm not fully sure I follow this question. Do you want to know how to embed that information? If so, the answer above explains that. If you want to know how Yahoo! will parse your files, that's another discussion

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Technology Evangelist
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc

QUOTE (yadav_jitendra80 @ Dec 17 2009, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,
    I am tryuing to build a yahoo widget where the content would be coming for a CMS server. The final output of this CMS server would be an HTML page. This complete URL would be used in yahoo developer network in my project tab in application URL section to preview the canvas and small view of my application.

Issue:
    As i understand the canvas and small view of yahoo widgets contains header footer and adv of yahoo and the main portion of page is the output of our application.
    1. Does that means my application output HTML page can not have head , body tag and should only contain the DIV for dynamic content coming from server which would be included in Final HTML of yahoo midget view.
    2. IF answer to above question is yes. How can I included the css and js file includes of my page.
    3. How is server side include for css and js files done in yahoo widget creation.

Any pointer on this would be appreciated

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN