Retrieving Portfolios from My Yahoo! Finance

Hi,

Is there any API support which will let me build an app for My Yahoo! users that interacts with their portfolios from Yahoo! Finance? To start with it would be sufficient to just allow read/view access to the symbol/ticker lists.

Thanks in advance.

Cam

by
13 Replies
  • Yahoo! Finance offers RSS feeds, here: http://developer.yahoo.com/finance/ There are several feeds there you could use to pull data. There's also already a widget you can look at produced by Yahoo! Finance that may give you some ideas: http://finance.yahoo.com/badges

Good luck!

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN

QUOTE (camilorostoker @ Mar 16 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

Is there any API support which will let me build an app for My Yahoo! users that interacts with their portfolios from Yahoo! Finance? To start with it would be sufficient to just allow read/view access to the symbol/ticker lists.

Thanks in advance.

Cam
  • Thanks for the reply .... but that had nothing to do with my question. News feeds are a dime a dozen around the Internet.. What I was asking about was the ability to tap into my own My Yahoo! Portfolio information so I could use my already assembled lists of stocks in this YOS/YAP application I am building.

Thanks,
    Cam

QUOTE (Duzins @ Mar 17 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yahoo! Finance offers RSS feeds, here: http://developer.yahoo.com/finance/ There are several feeds there you could use to pull data. There's also already a widget you can look at produced by Yahoo! Finance that may give you some ideas: http://finance.yahoo.com/badges

Good luck!

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN
  • Cam, I should have been more clear. There are no Finance APIs, only RSS feeds.

Robyn

QUOTE (camilorostoker @ Mar 17 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks for the reply .... but that had nothing to do with my question. News feeds are a dime a dozen around the Internet.. What I was asking about was the ability to tap into my own My Yahoo! Portfolio information so I could use my already assembled lists of stocks in this YOS/YAP application I am building.

Thanks,
    Cam
  • Thanks for the reply (Sorry it took me so long!).

Is there somewhere we can make a formal suggestion for this new API functionality? I think it would open up a whole new realm of possibilities for Yahoo! Developers if there was API access to users portfolios.

Thanks,
    Cam

QUOTE (Duzins @ Mar 17 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Cam, I should have been more clear. There are no Finance APIs, only RSS feeds.

Robyn
  • Cam,

I made sure that the Finance team saw this post. Cheers!

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN
  • QUOTE (camilorostoker @ Mar 16 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Cam

Hi Cam,
    I am in need of the same thing, have you received any answers from them yet? Thanks
    Charlie
  • Charlie,

As far as I know there are no plans to release a Finance API.

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN
  • hi,

I have the same problem.
    Is it possible for me to authenticate a user using OAuth, then display the user's yahoo finance portfolio?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hey there,

Is it possible for me to authenticate a user using OAuth, then display the user's yahoo finance portfolio? 

Many thanks.
  • Is there any API support which will let me build an app for My Yahoo! users that interacts with their portfolios from Yahoo! Finance? I want to make an app for yahoo finance user, so that they can use there yahoo finance portfolio on that app..... plz reply?

• What is Yahoo's position on an app where a user logs in, retrieves stocks in personal portfolio, and also sees quotes from the csv files?

I found a webservice that exposes the stocks in "My Portfolio" and i'd like to use it in an app.

Thanks for the quick reply.

• Hello,

I haven't found answer in this topic. Can you explain for me, how can i get my portfolios and positions from my Yahoo Finance account.

• G
    • Aug 21, 2014

It would be great if the portfolio news section worked better. On mobile device only limited stories show. On desktop version it's still not mobile friendly. The news related to stocks in portfolio is the best, but is harder to use than it could be. Please think about how to make this better.

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN