Forum Enhancement Requests

I felt guilty putting more replies in the Welcome post smile.gif

I don't see a way to edit posts, that might be a good thing... and carriage returns don't seem to show up (as br's or p's or whatever) either. (FF3, XP)

--
Brian

by
12 Replies
  • QUOTE (blholub @ Jul 17 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I felt guilty putting more replies in the Welcome post :)

I don't see a way to edit posts, that might be a good thing... and carriage returns don't seem to show up (as br's or p's or whatever) either. (FF3, XP)

thanks Brian, we'll try to allow the line breaks to be preserved soon. the no-edit thing for general users was a conscious decision, but we may revisit that.
  • QUOTE (isao @ Jul 17 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    thanks Brian, we'll try to allow the line breaks to be preserved soon. the no-edit thing for general users was a conscious decision, but we may revisit that.

Sounds good.

How about directing http://developer.yahoo.com/forum here... (nitpicky?) :)
  • QUOTE (blholub @ Jul 18 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sounds good.

How about directing http://developer.yahoo.com/forum here... (nitpicky?) :)

ah yes. it was on my list..

not nit-picky IMO. at least it bit me too. Mich is fixing that up, and it should go live relatively soon. Thanks Mich, Brian
  • QUOTE (isao @ Jul 22 2008, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ah yes. it was on my list..

not nit-picky IMO. at least it bit me too. Mich is fixing that up, and it should go live relatively soon. Thanks Mich, Brian

I've made this change and it should be live now. Thanks for the suggestion, Brian.
  • QUOTE (isao @ Jul 17 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    thanks Brian, we'll try to allow the line breaks to be preserved soon.

from the better-late-than-never dept...
    line breaks are preserved in your posts now. :/
  • from the same dept: thanks :) i just noticed that, and there's an OpenID forum now too!
  • It would be cool if each poster's name were linked to his Yahoo profile (if public).
  • QUOTE (Amber @ Dec 17 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It would be cool if each poster's name were linked to his Yahoo profile (if public).

By that, I mean just the author box to the left of the posting, not necessarily the name in a quotation like above.
  • I agree, provided that would not raise a privacy concern.
  • I don't understand what the privacy concern would be. Can you explain?
  • QUOTE (Amber @ Jan 7 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I don't understand what the privacy concern would be. Can you explain?

Ditto.
  • After all, I assume that Yahoo has a way to show a public profile page for an account without revealing anything the account owner doesn't want revealed, such as the underling account id from which the email address might be guessed.
  • Correct - the profile page of a user who you are not connected to would only show as much as that user would permit.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Technology Evangelist
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN