Key has exceeded its configured rate limit

I am getting this error message with every request I make to the questions rest api, however this is a key I got over the weekend and I haven't even made a single request.

Any ideas why I may be getting the error message "Key has exceeded its configured rate limit" without having hit the rate limit?

Thanks

by
8 Replies
  • <br><div class="quote "><div class="quotetop ">QUOTE<cite>(Carl @ 21 Nov 2011 11:53 AM)</cite><blockquote class="quotemain">I am getting this error message with every request I make to the questions rest api, however this is a key I got over the weekend and I haven&#39;t even made a single request.<br><br>Any ideas why I may be getting the error message &quot;Key has exceeded its configured rate limit&quot; without having hit the rate limit?<br><br>Thanks</blockquote><br>Maybe you&#39;re using Yahoo BOSS API without activating payments?</div></div>
  • Same here, good for one try, edited the code slightly and apparently it&#39;s exceeded now, no matter what I try.
  • Where i have assign the code mention above

• gotta pay 2 work now...:(

• I have the same issue and I have paid. It worked for the very first query and now it doesnt work,

• Tyson, if you are working with BOSS, please ask this question in their forum: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ysearchboss/

• Hi i registered with yahoo search and got consumer key and consumer secret after payment ... when i run my PHP code i am getting first time correct result than after i am always getting

stdClass Object ( [error] => stdClass Object ( [lang] => en-US [description] => Rate Limit Exceeded [detail] => Key has exceeded its configured rate limit. )

)

. i am not sure but what i observe is it returns response code(Success) only once in a day (first time when u run application). when u run the same app for second time on wards,it always returning same message.

Can u people please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks, Rohit

• Please post your questions in BOSS user group: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ysearchboss/

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN