Geolocator issue

Hello everyone,

until yesterday, our web application worked perfectly. Starting from yesterday, there is something wrong and the yahoo geolocator keeps on returning the "limit exceeded" error message but I see like it is impossible that we breached the 5.000 api calls limit.

Could there be any other reason? One thing: yesterday we moved from a shared hosting account to a shared server account. We should have our own IP but I keep on thinking that the move could be the problem.

In addition to this, is there any way to check with the geolocator and see when the limit block - if any - will go away or to check how many API calls we made???

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 10 2009, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello everyone,

until yesterday, our web application worked perfectly. Starting from yesterday, there is something wrong and the yahoo geolocator keeps on returning the "limit exceeded" error message but I see like it is impossible that we breached the 5.000 api calls limit.

Could there be any other reason? One thing: yesterday we moved from a shared hosting account to a shared server account. We should have our own IP but I keep on thinking that the move could be the problem.

In addition to this, is there any way to check with the geolocator and see when the limit block - if any - will go away or to check how many API calls we made???

Just to add that I really don't understand what's going on...I tried to use the webapplication several times during the last ten minute. While sometimes the geocoder returns the correct data, some other times it says "limit exceeded"!
  • I am still getting the 400 error.

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN