Future Of BOSS W/MSN?

Our company is considering building a search application on the BOSS framework, but before we start, I'd like to be certain that the code and underlying technology is going to remain available in the future.

Does anyone know specifics about the future of BOSS with relation to the MSFT partnership?

by
0 Replies
  • I unfortunately don't have any information on the future of BOSS given the YHOO / MSFT search partnership. While the technology is actively being discussed I don't have any news on this front. What I would suggest is that you take a look at using YQL for searching BOSS (reference: http://developer.yahoo.com/yql/console/?q=...D%22election%22). The reason I suggest this is that if something does happen to change the state of BOSS, the underlying data that we are fetching search data from can be swapped. While there may need to be some data changes on the developer end at worst, this is probably the easier solution for quickly migrating the code over. If something does happen to the BOSS product though, the announcement of its closure will occur with a reasonable amount of time prior to closure so that developers will be able to make appropriate preparations for the change.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Technology Evangelist
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN