BOSS Max Results

It looks like right now the max results BOSS will display is 1000, with 50 on each page.

When paying it says you can do 1000 results on each page.

Will we we ever be able to access more than 1000 results TOTAL for a query?

by
1 Reply
  • An alternative is to use YQL which will give you a higher limit. To access the search service via YQL, run the following: http://developer.yahoo.com/yql/console/?q=...y%3D%22pizza%22

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Technology Evangelist
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc
  • Jonathan,

I am doing some university research in natural language processing and need to search over the 1000 limit to get statistically significant results. Can you be more explicit as to the higher limit that YQL offers for web search. This is my major concern, however I have an additional question as follows:

I would like to know if there are any ways to specify a more advanced search query. I notice that when I enter a lot of terms the search result seems to only include hits that have all terms in the query. When I enter many terms I get a very short hit list. The behavior that I am looking for is more like what I see in the default Google search. When I enter such a large query into Google manually, I am still provided with a large hit list but those hits farther down in the list don't necessarily include all of the terms. In Yahoo, I can do a manual advanced search specifying "any of these terms" and this seems to provide similar results. So is there any way to achieve this in YQL or the other Yahoo APIs?

Thank you for the time,
    Ron

QUOTE (Jonathan LeBlanc @ Dec 22 2009, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    An alternative is to use YQL which will give you a higher limit. To access the search service via YQL, run the following: http://developer.yahoo.com/yql/console/?q=...y%3D%22pizza%22

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Technology Evangelist
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN