API Key Creation Failed

hi all

for some reason, i encounter an error each time i try to create a new project from https://developer.apps.yahoo.com/dashboard/

API Key Creation Failed
There was an internal error that caused a failure over here. Please try again.

How to over come that,
and thanks

by
39 Replies
  • QUOTE (hybridauth @ Oct 15 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    hi all

for some reason, i encounter an error each time i try to create a new project from https://developer.apps.yahoo.com/dashboard/

How to over come that,
    and thanks

What kind of application are you trying to create? I just created an open app through the developer dashboard and it appears to work for me.
  • QUOTE (Dustin Whittle @ Oct 15 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What kind of application are you trying to create? I just created an open app through the developer dashboard and it appears to work for me.

Also, what was the error message?
  • - the app type : Create desktop and Web apps that use Yahoo! open authentication (OAuth) APIs.
    - the url where i have the error : https://developer.apps.yahoo.com/dashboard/createKey.html
    - error message : API Key Creation Failed. There was an internal error that caused a failure over here. Please try again.
  • QUOTE (hybridauth @ Oct 15 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    - the app type : Create desktop and Web apps that use Yahoo! open authentication (OAuth) APIs.
    - the url where i have the error : https://developer.apps.yahoo.com/dashboard/createKey.html
    - error message : API Key Creation Failed. There was an internal error that caused a failure over here. Please try again.
  • I am getting the same error: API Key Creation Failed There was an internal error that caused a failure over here. Please try again.

Initially, I was able to get to the step to verify domain name. When I clicked 'verify' I received an error message and a 'try again' button. I clicked that and was taken back to the create api screen. I repeated the process and began getting the above internal error message. The 'my projects' tab says that the domain is verified (although I never received that notice) but that I have no projects.
  • Same here.

API Key Creation Failed
    There was an internal error that caused a failure over here. Please try again.
    • Jan 25, 2012
    Same error since MONTHS.<br>What the heck is going on at Yahoo???
  • same error.  
  • Same error 
    any update ?
  • Same error, I got other similar oauth services working like a charm. I don't know what the heck Yahoo is doing. I'm so disappointed. Hopefully there will be update soon.
  • Same error here. 
  • The error in my case seems to be related to verifying domain names (which is not working).
  • This should be fixed now.  Are you still having errors?

Robyn
  • I have 2 yahoo account. but when i am creating app through this account i still gets same error. but if create app using another account which is my test account, then it allows me to create app successfully. But there is a difference between both the accounts. Actually my test account which allows me to create app is already having some applications created.so now when i am trying to create app, it allows me. instead my another account which is not allowing me to create app is newer one in which there is not any app created before. So do anyone has any idea about this issue. Pls help me.

• I am experiencing this error as well.

• UPDATE: I navigated away from the "create project" page. Then went back using the nav. Upon my return I was able to create the project. I did not refresh my login. All I did was go and come back. It worked.

• QUOTE: UPDATE: I navigated away from the "create project" page. Then went back using the nav. Upon my return I was able to create the project. I did not refresh my login. All I did was go and come back. It worked.

Thanks, Gilberto. That solved my issue.

• I'm experiencing the same error, have navigated to several other pages logged out and back in, tried various browsers but still cannot create another project.

Trying to create two different projects, but same result for both - API creation failed.

I currently have two projects on my dashboard and have tried to delete one on the chance that this might be a restriction - however the project has not properly deleted now shows the nav bar where the oauth details should be!

in addition to the above, which are all being set to use BOSS, I have not seen any usage stats or billing

yahoo - please help and why is there no way to contact you directly to ask this question about a paid for service?

• duzins I am still having this problem. I get the following error no matter what options I select in the form:

API Key Creation Failed There was an internal error that caused a failure over here. Please try again.

This is getting extremely frustrating.

• I was abel to create a few yesterday, and then it just stopped working. Tried a different browser. Tried again this morning. Now, I do not even get the error. I just end up back at the main Projects page. I cannot verify sites either. Is there a limit on the number of domains you can verify or apps you can create? I have 13 apps and 15 domains.

Thanks

• Hi,

I'm also having trouble creating a new project and verify domains either. I'm either getting an "API Key Creation Failed There was an internal error that caused a failure over here. Please try again." or I just ended up back at the main project page.

Thanks

• I'm facing same problem, is there any responsible from Yahoo who could answer which is the problem and how to solve it? I'm having also problems on domain validation.

Please, some kindful person there? Thank you

• A
    • Jan 5, 2014

Still Getting the same error.

• Still getting the same error..

• I am getting the same error. Trying to create a new project at https://developer.apps.yahoo.com/dashboard/createKey.html

and the error is

"API Key Creation Failed There was an internal error that caused a failure over here. Please try again."

It works extremely intermittently, and often the page just spins after you click "Submit" and it does not even re-load the page with the error.

This basically makes using Yahoo OAuth not feasible......

• Same for me.

Yes I can't create a project, so I can't use Yahoo on my website. I used differents kinds of API like Google Contacts, Or Outlook/Live Contacts, but I can't use Yahoo Contact....

• same for me :(

• Just the same problem - Can't create new project. Tried 12 hours ago and now without any luck.

• Same here !

• Same here...come on Yahoo get it together no wonder Google holds the top spot! This is ridiculous...

• Same here and getting errors running previously created projects. Any word from Yahoo?

• App creation was failing intermittently earlier. This is fixed now. Can you please retry? http://developer.apps.yahoo.com/dashboard/createKey.html

• Perfect ! Thx ! :)

• API Key Creation Failed There was an internal error that caused a failure over here. Please try again.

It doesn't work again...

• Doesn't work again

• Same problem here .... any update on this?

• Could it be related to the domain name containing an underscore character?

• yes it is related to the underscore character in the domain name field ...

• it worked after I have removed the underscore character from the domain name field.

Recent Posts

in General Discussion at YDN