Batch Uninstall

We are using yahoo business mail and yahoo mail upploader inside browser plus.
We found that the service is unstable and we want to remove them all from the User PC.

Planned to uninstall with group policy or some wsh, but it's always blocked by a confirm dialog.
It's unreasonable to remove them one by one.
Want to have a feature that can passing the arguments into BrowserPlusUninstaller.exe
For example BrowserPlusUninstaller.exe /quiet == no prompt dialog uninstall

Just like the other programs.

by
3 Replies
  • QUOTE (automade957 @ Apr 12 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We are using yahoo business mail and yahoo mail upploader inside browser plus.
    We found that the service is unstable and we want to remove them all from the User PC.

Planned to uninstall with group policy or some wsh, but it's always blocked by a confirm dialog.
    It's unreasonable to remove them one by one.
    Want to have a feature that can passing the arguments into BrowserPlusUninstaller.exe
    For example BrowserPlusUninstaller.exe /quiet == no prompt dialog uninstall

Just like the other programs.

Sounds reasonable, I've filed a bug for it (http://bugs.browserplus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=155) so that we can get it into an upcoming release. In the meantime, removing the following directory will effectively uninstall BrowserPlus:
    /Users/<yourname>/Library/Application Support/Yahoo!/BrowserPlus (OSX)
    \Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\Yahoo!\BrowserPlus (Vista and Windows 7)
    \Documents and Settings\<yourname>\Local Settings\Application Data\Yahoo!\BrowserPlus (XP)

-- gordon
  • I found that it's fixed in bugs forum .

Where can i download the new BrowserPlusUninstaller.exe file which can use /quiet ?
    Or still need to wait for the packing release ?

THX
  • QUOTE (automade957 @ Apr 23 2010, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I found that it's fixed in bugs forum .

Where can i download the new BrowserPlusUninstaller.exe file which can use /quiet ?
    Or still need to wait for the packing release ?

THX

Hey There,

looks like gordon included that change for 2.9.0, which will be tagged and available in a month or two.

very best,
    lloyd
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Feature Ideas