way to get roster with stats for the day?

Hello,
I pull a roster for a certain day with the following query:

CODE
$url = 'http://fantasysports.yahooapis.com/fantasy/v2/team/'.$team_key.'/roster;date='.$day;

$day is like '2020-10-25'.

what I would like to know also is:
  • is there a way to get a flag saying whether they played that day or not. or also if the game hasnt started. i see 'Status' in the fantasy roster. i assume this is possibe? and i assume you can figure out if they played by seeing that their stats are all dashes?
  • a way to get who their opponent is that day, if available

by
11 Replies
  • I appologize. i should add that this is for fantasy basketball.
  • no answer from anyone or any devs?

It's a bit sad that i see so many questions asked on these forums, yet no replies. I completely understand developers being busy, but it's a shame to have a product with no real support. I've asked a few questions myself and have yet to get replies.

I was hoping to use this api, but it seems the more and more I try and have questions, the more I get left in the dark. and the more frustrated I get.

i apologize for the desperate post, but this is pretty frustrating.
  • QUOTE (Sam @ Oct 27 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    no answer from anyone or any devs?

It's a bit sad that i see so many questions asked on these forums, yet no replies. I completely understand developers being busy, but it's a shame to have a product with no real support. I've asked a few questions myself and have yet to get replies.

I was hoping to use this api, but it seems the more and more I try and have questions, the more I get left in the dark. and the more frustrated I get.

i apologize for the desperate post, but this is pretty frustrating.

Apologies for there being a lack of developer response on these forums for the past...let's see, 10 days. :(
  • thanks Sean,
    I didn't know if was just you 2. In that case, I apologize. To be completely honest, I forgot I posted a similar thread.

I should not do late night coding anymore.
  • Oh, no apologies needed. Even though there are only a couple of us on this, we still need to do a good job. :)
  • the question was actually answered here:
    http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php...view=getnewpost

close to what was answered by the 2nd poster.

<code>
    http://fantasysports.yahooapis.com/fantasy...date=yyyy-mm-dd
    </code>
  • ack. i meant to his 'preview'.

so I apologize if you have answered this. since you did post something about lacking "editorial data". (although I may not have asked it correctly)

is there a way to get, via this same roster/playerstats call which team they are planning to play that day too?
    I see a "Opp" and "Status" column in the fantasy "My Team" page for each player.
  • QUOTE (Sam @ Nov 3 2010, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ack. i meant to his 'preview'.

so I apologize if you have answered this. since you did post something about lacking "editorial data". (although I may not have asked it correctly)

is there a way to get, via this same roster/playerstats call which team they are planning to play that day too?
    I see a "Opp" and "Status" column in the fantasy "My Team" page for each player.

I'm simply interested if a player will have a game on the requested roster day. At this moment, I can't seem to find this information.
    I'm able to tell if a player played by simply making sure that the status are not all dashes. (good enough solution for me).
  • QUOTE (nleco @ Nov 8 2010, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm simply interested if a player will have a game on the requested roster day. At this moment, I can't seem to find this information.
    I'm able to tell if a player played by simply making sure that the status are not all dashes. (good enough solution for me).

Yep, as you were noting, this is what I was talking about regarding the lack of "editorial data". We ought to have data related to real-life opponents and upcoming games available through our APIs, but we currently don't have anything in place that can really help with that.
  • QUOTE (Sean Montgomery @ Nov 9 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yep, as you were noting, this is what I was talking about regarding the lack of "editorial data". We ought to have data related to real-life opponents and upcoming games available through our APIs, but we currently don't have anything in place that can really help with that.

poops. no worries. I can always fetch this data from a schedule.

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API