Yahoo Sports API on iOS

Hi,

I am looking into a side project that uses Yahoo's Sports API. I looked through their terms and conditions and it says you can't use the API if its for a commercial venture. If I was planning on the iOS app being free to consumers and supported by banners - can I still use the API? I have contacted Yahoo! about obtaining permission but have yet to hear back from them.

I was hoping to go ahead and do some development, but I did not want to waste my time.

Thanks for any input! -Gary

by
7 Replies
  • This would not be allowed.

• Thanks for the reply.

How do I get it allowed, is there a license fee? I have noticed OAuth on multiple fantasy sports applications, so it seems it is possible. I have already sent a request in to Yahoo!, but have yet to hear anything back.

• There are no commercial licenses available for this API at present. In the future, that may change, but commercial licenses for Fantasy Sports are not available yet.

• Then why is Big Noggins' Fantasy Monster app allowed to access Yahoo teams?

• why is infootball allowed to access your API> I too would like to license a commercial version of your API?

Matthias

• why is infootball allowed to access your API> I too would like to license a commercial version of your API?

Matthias

• Hi I am using YQL web-service of yahoo for cricket score in IOS. I want to make an application which is display score to ios user. and it is free application. can i use it without commercial license. If not then what i have do procedure for license version. can you explain me or send me link for it please.

Chirag

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API