Yahoo Fantasy Data on Excel?

Hi,

I'm not a developer or programmer, so I'm sorry if this is a really simple request. I'm interested in using the YQL console to save to xml format and then accessing that data from excel using the "connect to xml file" linker.

I've tried copy pasting the xml code onto microsoft notepad and then connecting excel to that file, but it doesn't seem like that works. Would you know how to exactly access YQL data from excel?

I'm doing this so I can run some statistical trending analysis on some of my leagues.

Thanks,

Yoshi 

by
  • YL
  • Sep 18, 2011
2 Replies
  • Also I'm open to importing to Google Docs Spreadsheets too.

QUOTE(YL @ 18 Sep 2011 6:14 PM)
    Hi,

I'm not a developer or programmer, so I'm sorry if this is a really simple request. I'm interested in using the YQL console to save to xml format and then accessing that data from excel using the "connect to xml file" linker.

I've tried copy pasting the xml code onto microsoft notepad and then connecting excel to that file, but it doesn't seem like that works. Would you know how to exactly access YQL data from excel?

I'm doing this so I can run some statistical trending analysis on some of my leagues.

Thanks,

Yoshi 
  • Did you ever figure this out? Would love to know your results and share on my site fantasyknuckleheads.com

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API