Update roster via YQL? [Sean Montgomery?]

Is the only way to update a roster via the PUT webservice?

I tried messing around with the YQL Console and couldn't figure out how to UPDATE a specific player's position.

I tried this:
update fantasysports.teams.roster set position="BN" where team_key='265.l.xxx.t.x' and date='2012-01-02' and players.player.player_id=4612

And got this:
No matching endpoints for verb 'update' in table 'fantasysports.teams.roster'  

Which makes me think I need to use the webservice (though I don't know if I can install the OAuth php module on the server I'm using).

cc Sean Montgomery - looks like you've been answering a lot of these questions :)

by
3 Replies
  • Also a separate question - I have a site working using the Yahoo.inc session ($session = YahooSession::requireSession(API_KEY, SHARED_SECRET, APP_ID);), and I like it because it does the redirect and everything for you, is there a way to get the oauth token(s) out of this rather than trying to do what's in the example?

http://developer.yahoo.com/fantasysports/guide/GettingStarted.html#GettingStarted-sample

QUOTE (Jeff Huang @ 2 Jan 2012 7:31 PM) Is the only way to update a roster via the PUT webservice?

I tried messing around with the YQL Console and couldn't figure out how to UPDATE a specific player's position.

I tried this:
    update fantasysports.teams.roster set position="BN" where team_key='265.l.xxx.t.x' and date='2012-01-02' and players.player.player_id=4612

And got this:
    No matching endpoints for verb 'update' in table 'fantasysports.teams.roster'  

Which makes me think I need to use the webservice (though I don't know if I can install the OAuth php module on the server I'm using).

cc Sean Montgomery - looks like you've been answering a lot of these questions :)
  • An answer to this would be much appreciated as I'm in the same boat.
  • I don't think it is possible via YQL, but I have been wrong before.... You can always use the good ole put, though: http://developer.yahoo.com/fantasysports/guide/roster-resource.html#roster-resource-PUT

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API