Players sorted by fantasy points

Hi,

I would like to get the top 25 players by position sorted by fantasy points from a private league (NHL). Here's my command:

CODE
 select * from fantasysports.players.stats where league_key='233.l.xxxx' and sort='PTS' and position='RW' and sort_type='season' and count='25'

Unfortunately, this command does not return players sorted by fantasy points. The players returned are not fantasy relevant.

Thanks for your help.

by
4 Replies
  • QUOTE (Greg @ Sep 30 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I would like to get the top 25 players by position sorted by fantasy points from a private league (NHL). Here's my command:

CODE
     select * from fantasysports.players.stats where league_key='233.l.xxxx' and sort='PTS' and position='RW' and sort_type='season' and count='25'

Unfortunately, this command does not return players sorted by fantasy points. The players returned are not fantasy relevant.

Thanks for your help.

Does this work for football or baseball? Is this just a hockey problem?
  • QUOTE (Greg @ Oct 5 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Does this work for football or baseball? Is this just a hockey problem?

It's certainly working for football. Can you provide a bit more detail about the private hockey league you're working with? Specifically, is it actually a league that uses points (a Points league or a Head-to-Head - Points league)? If it's Roto or either of the two other Head-to-Head type leagues, then PTS wouldn't be a valid sort value as they have no meaning in the context of that league.

Does it work if you try to sort by NAME or by a specific stat ID? (see game/nhl/stat_categories for what each stat ID means)
  • QUOTE (Sean Montgomery @ Oct 12 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It's certainly working for football. Can you provide a bit more detail about the private hockey league you're working with? Specifically, is it actually a league that uses points (a Points league or a Head-to-Head - Points league)? If it's Roto or either of the two other Head-to-Head type leagues, then PTS wouldn't be a valid sort value as they have no meaning in the context of that league.

Does it work if you try to sort by NAME or by a specific stat ID? (see game/nhl/stat_categories for what each stat ID means)

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your reply. The league is Points only with custom point values for each stat. If I change 'PTS' to '1' (goals) then it works. I can see that the fantasy points are correct in the returned information (under player_points -> total).
    Please let me know what other information I can provide to help solve this problem.

Thanks again.
  • QUOTE (Greg @ Oct 16 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Sean,

Thank you for your reply. The league is Points only with custom point values for each stat. If I change 'PTS' to '1' (goals) then it works. I can see that the fantasy points are correct in the returned information (under player_points -> total).
    Please let me know what other information I can provide to help solve this problem.

Thanks again.

Okay, sorry about the late reply! You're right, I should have checked NHL to start with (it's a bit annoying to locate points leagues, since I don't play in one myself). Definitely a bug, and I've put in a fix for it. Should roll out to production in 1-3 weeks.

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API