OAuth oauth_problem="signature_invalid" when executing YQL requests with Scribe
I am having trouble executing YQL requests using scribe java library. not sure what I am doing wrong but the system doesn't seem to like my request. I am able to do get the user authorization and do get authdata back in the form X&Y&Z and I use X as access token and Y as token secret to formulate requests using scribe java API. please find attached the HTTP request and response, any help would be appreciated.
Hrm. That conceptually seems okay. Could you provide any sample code for how you're generating the base string for the signature? The only gotchas that I remember had to do mostly with what values were URL encoded and what order you presented the arguments in.
I seem to be having a similar problem. I am able to get a token, token secret and the other applicable values (session handle, GUID, etc.) through PLAINTEXT. Once I try to make an API call (which to my understanding is required to be signed using HMAC-SHA1), I am always getting a 401 - Unauthorized response.
I have read in a few posts that the order of the parameters and which ones are URL encoded is important, but I can't find out what this should be. Does anyone know for sure?
You may notice that in the normalized URL, the token is URL encoded while in the signed call, it is not. I've tried both ways and was still unsuccessful. I hope I'm missing something simple since I'm new to OAuth, but I've tried a number of different things and have had no luck.
I took your inputs and saw that our signatures were different. After going through what seemed like each character of the values, I noticed that I was setting the base string with lower case values for the encoded chars ("%3d", "&2f", etc) where you had upper case values ("%3D", "%2F", etc). After seeing that and fixing the code, I finally got the same signature.
I made a call to my football league URL and hockey URL got back the expected XML. Sweet.