OAuth for my own account

I want to build an app that just gathers the information from my own league.  I don't need other users to login into their Yahoo accounts and leagues.  In order to do this do I still need to prompt every time for the OAuth authentication.  I know the Twitter version has a static authentication id that can be used in this type of case so that the Login prompt can be bypassed.  Does Yahoo have something similar?

Thanks-

by
5 Replies
  • You don't need to be prompted if you're storing the token and reusing it.

If you use the example code from here:
    http://developer.yahoo.com/fantasysports/guide/GettingStarted.html#GettingStarted-sample

You can run the code from the command prompt several times and only have to get the prompt for authorization once. In a web-server setting I only had to do it once...Probably will have to do it again once the web-server restarts though.

QUOTE(Jason @ 12 Oct 2011 10:14 AM)
    I want to build an app that just gathers the information from my own league.  I don't need other users to login into their Yahoo accounts and leagues.  In order to do this do I still need to prompt every time for the OAuth authentication.  I know the Twitter version has a static authentication id that can be used in this type of case so that the Login prompt can be bypassed.  Does Yahoo have something similar?

Thanks-
  • Thanks for the response.  But I am hoping of finding a way to do it without being prompted once.  I just want to login through the code and access the information for my own account without ever having to see the Yahoo login dialog.

QUOTE(Austin @ 18 Oct 2011 8:13 AM)
    You don't need to be prompted if you're storing the token and reusing it.

http://developer.yahoo.com/fantasysports/guide/GettingStarted.html#GettingStarted-sample

You can run the code from the command prompt several times and only have to get the prompt for authorization once. In a web-server setting I only had to do it once...Probably will have to do it again once the web-server restarts though.

Thanks-
  • Did you ever find a solution for this?  I am also interested in automating the login portion to get details for my team.

QUOTE(Jason @ 20 Oct 2011 10:53 AM)
    Thanks for the response.  But I am hoping of finding a way to do it without being prompted once.  I just want to login through the code and access the information for my own account without ever having to see the Yahoo login dialog.

Thanks-
  • No, I haven't gotten a response for this yet. 

QUOTE(Matthew B @ 26 Oct 2011 11:52 AM)
    Did you ever find a solution for this?  I am also interested in automating the login portion to get details for my team.

QUOTE(Jason @ 20 Oct 2011 10:53 AM)
    Thanks for the response.  But I am hoping of finding a way to do it without being prompted once.  I just want to login through the code and access the information for my own account without ever having to see the Yahoo login dialog.

Thanks-
  • You need to go through the login prompt at least once. However, once you have a valid access token, you really can reuse it indefinitely. So it's just a one-time setup thing. At least look at the example and try it out -- you could just run it once, go through the browser flow and generate the oauth_data_token file, and then copy that file to whatever server you're running on and have no problems.

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API