OAUTH Expired

Hi,  after around 60 mins of getting data from the server i have an OAuth "expired" error. Am i using OAUth incorrectly?  My app sets up OAuth at initialisation (let's say any given NFl sunday morning) then expects to interrogate the Yahoo server for player stats update all afternoon.  As i get player stats in chunks of 18 and only refresh this data once every 20 seconds or so for 8 teams (interlaced across the 20 seconds) i guess i am not asking too much.  I can't redo the OAuth without further user inout soi what can i do to fix this problem?  NFL lasts for at least  all day sunday if not 24/7.

kindest

nik

by
1 Reply
  • The access token intentionally expires after one hour.  You don't need user input again, though, you can just refresh the token.

It's 'step 5' of the OAuth Authorization Flow - "Refresh the Access Token (get_token)"

http://developer.yahoo.com/oauth/guide/oauth-refreshaccesstoken.html

QUOTE(nik @ 28 Oct 2011 10:52 PM)
    Hi,  after around 60 mins of getting data from the server i have an OAuth "expired" error. Am i using OAUth incorrectly?  My app sets up OAuth at initialisation (let's say any given NFl sunday morning) then expects to interrogate the Yahoo server for player stats update all afternoon.  As i get player stats in chunks of 18 and only refresh this data once every 20 seconds or so for 8 teams (interlaced across the 20 seconds) i guess i am not asking too much.  I can't redo the OAuth without further user inout soi what can i do to fix this problem?  NFL lasts for at least  all day sunday if not 24/7.

kindest

nik

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API