Could you include a teamkey in the messages resource?

by
2 Replies
  • Heh, as it turns out, I think we jumped the gun a little bit on the inclusion of messages at all, as I'm not particularly happy with the fact that we're keying the message by Yahoo! ID when we really ought to be using the nickname and whatnot. So the entire presentation of that data may be changing down the line and I wouldn't get too attached to how it looks right now (at least in terms of the yahoo_id field).

Regarding the team key, we actually don't store that along with the messages, for some strange reason. Probably has something to do with the fact that the messages are actually tied to the user who posts them, not strictly to the team they're posting from. I'll look into whether it's possible to wedge that in somewhere, but I can't guarantee we can get that included.
  • QUOTE (Sean Montgomery @ Jul 19 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Heh, as it turns out, I think we jumped the gun a little bit on the inclusion of messages at all, as I'm not particularly happy with the fact that we're keying the message by Yahoo! ID when we really ought to be using the nickname and whatnot. So the entire presentation of that data may be changing down the line and I wouldn't get too attached to how it looks right now (at least in terms of the yahoo_id field).

Regarding the team key, we actually don't store that along with the messages, for some strange reason. Probably has something to do with the fact that the messages are actually tied to the user who posts them, not strictly to the team they're posting from. I'll look into whether it's possible to wedge that in somewhere, but I can't guarantee we can get that included.

It would be nice to know which messages come from which team, hence asking for a teamkey. When I pull a team, there is no Yahoo ID in the data, so I have no way of identifying which message came from which team. I can use team names but those can change over time, so once a team changes names, there is no way to associate the older messages with the correct team.

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API