League specific application with interface extras

I've been playing fantasy football for 10 years now. I'm also a software engineer. This year, one of my leagues wants me to create a league site. We'd like to keep track of a bunch of things that Yahoo doesn't (our weekly payouts, side-bets, our crazy keeper rules, ect..) At first they were thinking they would like me to build everything new, but being a dev, I know to look elsewhere first :). So that brings me here. I think I'll be able to use the API here and Grails to bring in the parts of the league I need, but I have a few questions that I didn't see direct answers to....

1) Is it possible to provide a live scoring interface on our league site using the API? The documentation is a little vague as to what you are actually capable of doing. I know I saw a request limit, but I don't think I would need to get close to that. 

2) Is there anything the Yahoo interface offers that is not accessible through the API? I only ask because we've got a brainstorming session coming up with things that would be cool, and I just would like to know where my limits are and not promise anything that can't be accomplished.

3) I saw things about roster management and things being available which is great since I've got some cool ideas for that. What about drafting? Would it be possible to do a custom interface for drafting? We've got a few extra things we allow to happen during our auction drafts. I don't mind writing all the auction logic as long as I can get some player info for display during the draft and submit drafted team rosters back to Yahoo.

0 Replies

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API