Just query or control?

Kind of a dumb question but I haven't had much of a chance to look at this yet (I'm at work, haha), but is the Fantasy API mainly intended to be used for querying data and doing better number crunching, or can we also control our teams there? I am thinking it would be cool to have an app that would have a default preferred line-up, but then be able to scan starting line-ups for a guy and replace him with a bench warmer if he is not starting.

by
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (Goat Slywinkle @ Feb 8 2011, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Kind of a dumb question but I haven't had much of a chance to look at this yet (I'm at work, haha), but is the Fantasy API mainly intended to be used for querying data and doing better number crunching, or can we also control our teams there? I am thinking it would be cool to have an app that would have a default preferred line-up, but then be able to scan starting line-ups for a guy and replace him with a bench warmer if he is not starting.

Yup, we do have a service for editing your lineup -- I'm working this week on redoing some parts of the documentation and hope to get that covered in there soon. You can see a related thread in:

http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php...;hl=edit+lineup

Which also highlights my continued struggles with working documentation update into my day-to-day work. &l

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API